Contribute
Register

VirtualSMC now supports Z370, Z390, & X299 Fan RPM and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is development still ongoing? Does this support z390 boards with IT8988E ? I'm on FakeSMC. Every time I try to remove and switch to virtualSMC I kill the system and it won't boot. At some point in my build before doing all this, Macs Fan Control reported out fan speeds but now it won't even launch and none of the above utilities can see any fans at all.
Have you made sure that you had added VirtualSMC to Clover/Kexts/Other, removed FakeSMC and its related kexts completely, and cleaned the cache?

Yes, and when I do so it does not boot. I am cleaning cache by repairing permissions using sudo diskutil repairPermissions / and rebuilding kext cache using sudo kextcache -i / , is that what you mean? Are there other patches or changes required to config.plist to remove support for FakeSMC and add support for VirtualSMC?

My current Config.plist attached. These are the current drivers and kext; they are all in EFI partition. System is running perfectly (including USB ports, sleep/wake, network, Bluetooth, wireless, audio, CPU temp), only issue is fan.

1581658860054.png
1581658874777.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back