Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Specs:
Intel Core i3 Processor
HD4000 Graphics
4GB RAM

Hi all,

I just installed Mavericks 10.9.2 on my HP ProBook 4540s, and everything runs flawlessly. The only problem (which is HUGE as I work in a school environment connecting it to projectors and SMARTBoards almost daily) is that the VGA out does not work. I used the latest version of philip_petev's ProBook installer, which says it supports VGA out, but I do not get any signal. I tried pressing the Windows key, and that brought up the detect displays button, but it does not do anything once clicked. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it? Thank you.

Specs:
Intel Core i3 Processor
HD4000 Graphics
4GB RAM

Hi all,

I just installed Mavericks 10.9.2 on my HP ProBook 4540s, and everything runs flawlessly. The only problem (which is HUGE as I work in a school environment connecting it to projectors and SMARTBoards almost daily) is that the VGA out does not work. I used the latest version of philip_petev's ProBook installer, which says it supports VGA out, but I do not get any signal. I tried pressing the Windows key, and that brought up the detect displays button, but it does not do anything once clicked. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it? Thank you.

VGA is supported only with HD3000 (patch to AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB).

For HD4000, use a HDMI->VGA adapter.

VGA is supported only with HD3000 (patch to AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB).

For HD4000, use a HDMI->VGA adapter.

I have HD3000 and my vga output doesn't work after the 10.9.2 , how can i get it to work again. After the update all i did was open probook installer and choose the support kexts for 4530s . What else am i missing?

I have HD3000 and my vga output doesn't work after the 10.9.2 , how can i get it to work again. After the update all i did was open probook installer and choose the support kexts for 4530s . What else am i missing?

With the 4530s that should be all you need unless something changed in 10.9.2. You do have to use "Detect Displays" in SysPrefs->Displays to detect VGA (press Option to see the button).

But really, you should consider using an HDMI monitor or using an adapter and vanilla AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.

With the 4530s that should be all you need unless something changed in 10.9.2. You do have to use "Detect Displays" in SysPrefs->Displays to detect VGA (press Option to see the button).

But really, you should consider using an HDMI monitor or using an adapter and vanilla AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.

I tried to connect my to my tv via HDMI and it changed my resolution on the desktop and then it froze with out ever displaying on my tv.(had to shut off using power button)...... Also i tried what you said , open sysprefs_displays_ then connect my to VGA but still nothing happened. And what would i do with vanilla AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext ?

I tried to connect my to my tv via HDMI and it changed my resolution on the desktop and then it froze with out ever displaying on my tv.(had to shut off using power button)...... Also i tried what you said , open sysprefs_displays_ then connect my to VGA but still nothing happened. And what would i do with vanilla AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext ?

You need to hold down option to see the Detect Displays button.

You need to hold down option to see the Detect Displays button.

You are a magical wizards and all shall worship you. I feel dumb not being able to figure that out. Thanks a bunch. Can you PM me or Email me [email protected] , i just have another question that does not require for me to spam up this thread.

Any way at all to get the vga out working on the 4x40s series? I really need multiple monitors, one monitor on the vga, another on the hdmi.

Any way at all to get the vga out working on the 4x40s series? I really need multiple monitors, one monitor on the vga, another on the hdmi.

There is no VGA support on HD4000.

If your laptop has HD3000 (some 4x40s have Sandy Bridge CPUs), then you can use the VGA patch.

For HD4000, use an HDMI->VGA adapter.

But in all cases, keep in mind three displays aren't supported anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back