i7-8700
Graphics
HD 630 + Radeon Pro WX4100
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody.
I have a very stange issue with my Hackintosh and hope somebody can help. Actually everything is working fine except from a lagging Desktop animation when using Expose (which I use all the time). The strange thing is that after the graphic card just had some work to do (for example when I just used Front Raw or after I did a Cinebench test (25fps)...) the animation goes very nice for about 20 seconds. Then everything is like before. I already tries the NVIDIA driver update. I also tried to delete "AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext", even tried to edit the "info.plist" inside of it (changed ID). No Luck :( It feels like the graphic card falls asleep when there is not much work to do. Everything else is working fine, but I would be so happy to have a nice Expose effect... Any ideas?

Thank You!

Jonas

Re: very strange graphics issue on msi GT240 (SL)

Also when the computer just booted, everything feels very smooth for a moment. After 10-20 seconds expose and also the animation of the Aplication-Folder at the Dock starts to feel laggy.
What can I do?

I also found another way to get it smooth for some seconds...
If i start iPhoto, put one photo to full screen and scroll very fast through the photos by holding down one arrow-key, it changes. It scrolls quite slow for about 2 sec and then there is some kind of graphic-boost... the images are suddenly giong very fast and after this moment also the Desktop graphics go very smooth for about 20 sec.

Where does this issue live?

Thanx Jonas

I found one more piece of the puzzle.
When the monitor goes to sleep (only the monitor) and wakes up again, then everything is just rolling very smooth and it stays like that until reboot.
How can that be?

Please help!

Jonas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back