i7-13700KF
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anyone have a Sapphire Vega 56 with dual monitor?
What happens to me is that the memory gets stuck at 800mhz, even in idle. With just one monitor it drops to 500mhz.
Any ideas?

The max memory speed for the Vega 56 dGPU is 800MHz, when not under stress the cards memory will run at a lower speed. That is normal.

What do you think is wrong with the memory speed?

What resolution are the 2 x Displays?

Have you or the previous owner of the Vega 56 played about with the VBIOS for the card, i.e. AMD Soft Power Table edits?

The max memory speed for the Vega 56 dGPU is 800MHz, when not under stress the cards memory will run at a lower speed. That is normal.

What do you think is wrong with the memory speed?

What resolution are the 2 x Displays?

Have you or the previous owner of the Vega 56 played about with the VBIOS for the card, i.e. AMD Soft Power Table edits?
Yes, that's right.
The point is that I close all the applications, leaving only the mac in complete idle, and the memory never drops below 800mhz, shouldn't it?

I have two monitors with a resolution of 2560x1440 8bit hiDPI connected via Display port.

In fact, although I've had the GPU for 6-7 years +-, when I bought it, it was used, and I have no idea if the previous owner has changed anything? Could that be it? Is it possible to reset it?

I don't have Windows installed now, but I remember having it, and the gpu idling with two monitors going at >100 or so / 300 mhz (memory). I'm not sure if you had these monitors at the time, or the old ones with a lower resolution.

Back