NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey All,

I'm trying to upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan. I was having an issue where the USB would not show up in the Bios Boot as UEFI. It would only say Scan Disk. I finally got it to show up correctly but I didn't know what I did. I was able to get the Install through. Unfortunately I had an issue with the Audio not working and I screwed something up and it wouldn't boot. I decided to circle back and start over, but now for the life of me I can't figure out why the USB is not showing up as UEFI. Could someone shed any light on this? My Motherboard is Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H. I formatted USB to 1 Partition as MAC OS JOurnalled, GUID. I used terminal to copy El Capitan Install. Loaded Clover v2.3k r3911 (Selected Install for UEFI Booting Only, Install CLover in the ESP, OSXAptioFixDrv-64). Also on a side note the first error that made me start over was

.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.117) <Warning>: service exited with abnormal code 255

Thanks In Advance!

Hey All,

I'm trying to upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan. I was having an issue where the USB would not show up in the Bios Boot as UEFI. It would only say Scan Disk. I finally got it to show up correctly but I didn't know what I did. I was able to get the Install through. Unfortunately I had an issue with the Audio not working and I screwed something up and it wouldn't boot. I decided to circle back and start over, but now for the life of me I can't figure out why the USB is not showing up as UEFI. Could someone shed any light on this? My Motherboard is Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H. I formatted USB to 1 Partition as MAC OS JOurnalled, GUID. I used terminal to copy El Capitan Install. Loaded Clover v2.3k r3911 (Selected Install for UEFI Booting Only, Install CLover in the ESP, OSXAptioFixDrv-64). Also on a side note the first error that made me start over was

.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.117) <Warning>: service exited with abnormal code 255

Thanks In Advance!
Go to bios and try CSM enabled and or disabled also look for Legacy enable options instead of UEFI only. When you ran clover installer did you select customize tab and choose UEFI option? The default is to load in the ESP which is Legacy mode I think?

I installed Clover and selected the first option which selected Install for UEFI Booting Only, and automatically checked Install CLover in the ESP. should I only have selected UFEI only?

I installed Clover and selected the first option which selected Install for UEFI Booting Only, and automatically checked Install CLover in the ESP. should I only have selected UFEI only?
No you did it right for UEFI setup. If you dont select the first option then it is legacy as default.

Still no luck. The first install I was doing had similar problem with the USB not showing up as UEFI. I feel like I changed a boot order then it showed up. Not sure at this point.

Update: I tried using Chameleon and was able to successfully create a bootable USB and Install El Capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back