Contribute
Register

USB Camera devices not detected, other devices work fine (DG33FB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphics
GTS250
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have the strangest quirk with my USB ports. My logitech wireless trackball and headset work perfectly on my USB ports.

But I am unable to detect cameras.

This includes my old Powershot A560, GoPro Hero HD2, and the camera libraries on my iPhone and iPad.

The really odd bit is that iTunes detects both iOS devices for the purposes of syncing, but Finder will not show any camera device attached - despite photos being on both.

I've got 1.21 of the Generic USB kext installed. Is there something else I might need?

Mainboard: Intel DG33FB
CPU: Intel Duo Core 2.66
RAM: 8 Gig
Audio: Logitech G35 Headset
PS/2 Keyboard
Logitech Trackball
Wacom Intuos 5

Your motherboard doesn't have USB 3.0 which is what GenericUSBXHCI is for. Unless you're using an add in USB 3.0 card, this kext is not needed.

Dil83

I wonder what feature of it eliminated the ebios 0x04 error. More curious still.

Anyway, with or without it I can't get any of my cameras to show up. Is there a FAT filesystem kext that might be needed?

Thanks for the response :)

An update. I just looked under disk utility and the camera cards show up when I plug them in, but attempting to mount them fails.

EUREKA!!! They do not mount in the finder, and do not show up in disk utility, but if I connect the camera while iPhoto is running I can see the images. Now here's hoping I can import them.

There is still a major obstacle as I shoot both JPG and RAW and without a way to mount the device in finder I can't see my RAW images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back