Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

I normally buy computer parts online from Newegg.com, however I am hesitant to order from them again as they billed my wife and I $99.99 despite not having placed an order with them. Once we cleared this up with the bank (who very nicely removed any fees associated with it as well), newegg also refunded the money.

Naturally, despite having otherwise good ordering experiences with them, I would prefer if possible to order from somewhere else.

So - where do my fellow US-based hackintosh owners get your parts from?

I never had any issues with NewEgg- always use them. There are some who swear by TigerDirect though. But most of my online purchases are from Amazon or NewEgg.

Same as Tony said, I've never once had a problem with them. They've usually even pay shipping both ways if I return something as well (had to ask for that though hehe).

As for your topic, best equals using more than one store imo. If you're up for being patient, like I am, you can get stuff pretty cheap. Newegg, Tiger Direct, ZipZoomFly, Amazon, Ewiz/Superbiiz (especially when they have a great coupon going), are all great places. I use Bing cashback when I can as well. I'm OCD about saving money on stuff lol. To be honest, I rarely find Newegg being the cheapest out of the stores listed above.

Just to give you an example, I listed my prices and stores where I got my sig rig using coupons, Bing Cb, etc. :)

Tiger Direct
Core i5 750 $161
eVGA GTX 260 SC $160
Corsair HX750 PSU $120

Ewiz
P55A-UD4P $142.99
Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB $46

Staples.com
WD Blue 500GB $42

Amazon
2nd GTX eVGA 260 $165

Newegg (The only item I got here, but the deal was so rediculous imo lol)
2 X Patriot Viper (6x2GB) DDR3 1600 $65 each set, and sold 2 sticks for $85 :)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220365

Not trying to show off, just wanted you to see how using more than one place can save you money. :)

I ended up ordering from newegg anyway; I just used Paypal to pay instead of my credit card. :p That seemed to me to be more secure since it can't be used by someone else unless they know my paypal password.

I basically copied your setup tony - already have 1TB and 250GB sata drives and a sata DVD burner, so I didn't need to order those. **** needs to get here already. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back