i7 4790K
Graphics
Geforce GTX 950 Windforce
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi forum,
I really need your help, I am completely clueless what to do.
I did update my hackintosh to high Sierra (from Sierra) today following the guide of a direct Update, since my system is running on ssd I followed the ssd instructions (apfs)

Every thing went according to plan until the restart after the install. I get back to clover start screen and select install Mac OS installl from SSD. After that the screen turns black and nothing seems to happen (I waited 30 minutes as first but nothing happens).
So I thought ok let’s go back to the old version but if I try to boot from the original ssd the same issue happens.
Now I tried booting from my external backup, same issue. Always just get a black screen ???

Please help me. I guess it’s a cleaver settings error, but I’m not an expert with that stuff at all.

I did try to „remove all clove boot options“ same issue.

I use clover v2.4k rev 4586

I urgently need my computer for work, so any help is much appreciated!!!
Thanks I’m advance!

Fotopold

The usual cause of the symptoms that you describe is a failure to update the Lilu.kext and any dependancies.
If you use Lilu.kext update it.

The usual cause of the symptoms that you describe is a failure to update the Lilu.kext and any dependancies.
If you use Lilu.kext update it.

Thanks so mutch for your super quick reply.
Unfortunately I’m not aware how to update the Kext from the cleaver boot screen, is that even possible ? So far I only changed the Kext within cloaver itself on a running OS X system.
Is there a way to do it from the boot screen?

I also found that info, not sure if that’s related.

There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot.

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

Im not sure if that relates to Gigabyte GeForce cards as well (NVIDIA)
But I’m not 100% sure where to insert that, under options graphics injector I find fake I’d under
My Gigabyte Gfx Card section, also under the intel section below and there is a *–platform–I’d: Option as well.

Thanks a lot
Best
Fotopold

Thanks so mutch for your super quick reply.
Unfortunately I’m not aware how to update the Kext from the cleaver boot screen, is that even possible ? So far I only changed the Kext within cloaver itself on a running OS X system.
Is there a way to do it from the boot screen?
Boot with -liluoff.
Yes, there is a way to disable it from the Clover (not cleaver) boot menu - It is self explanatory - Have a look.

I also found that info, not sure if that’s related.
Im not sure if that relates to Gigabyte GeForce cards as well (NVIDIA)
But I’m not 100% sure where to insert that, under options graphics injector I find fake I’d under
My Gigabyte Gfx Card section, also under the intel section below and there is a *–platform–I’d: Option as well.
If you are not using Intel graphics then it is not relevant.

Thanks for your reply

Im not sure if i have the lilu Kext installed.

Am I guessing right that I will need to put in the –liluoff in the boot args section in the clover options section? Than hit return and boot from the system ssd (without the install option)

Sorry I’m quite a noob in that matter.
Thanks

Im not sure if i have the lilu Kext installed.
Nor am I, it's just a guess.

Am I guessing right that I will need to put in the –liluoff in the boot args section in the clover options section? Than hit return and boot from the system ssd (without the install option)
Yes.
The fact that you still have an Install option suggests that the install has not yet completed.

At this point I would just be happy to have a running machine back.
Under binaries patching I don’t see the lilu Kext , also under custom Kext patches no sign of it.

Did I enter the –liluoff at the right Spot (Boot args)?

Is there a way to just boot in my backupdrive and get my working Sierra version back running?
I have an external ssd backup and a times shine backup, but I don’t seem to be able to boot from it from my bios.
Im aware that the installation of high Sierra did not finish Yet

Best

What is super strange is that if I unplug my NVIDIA card to ist the onboard Intel gfx the clover menu looks like ms dos.

And if I try to boot from there this screen just freezes.

Any suggestions what that might be?

image.jpg

Under binaries patching I don’t see the lilu Kext , also under custom Kext patches no sign of it.
It may not be the Lilu.kext at all, it was just a guess - If you don't know what you have what chance do we stand ?
Boot with nv_disable=1 (it could be the web drivers that are causing your problem).

Thanks for your help.
Unfortunatly that did nothing. Its kind of strange, i did not change anything in clover. Only added the apfs.efi to the drivers64UEFI folder. And checked that all my four used Kext are in the others folder.
Thank installed and try to reeboot. After the reeboot i had no luck coming further than the boot screen.
Any body has any idea whar else i could change. I did just follow this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

-

Worst case i think i need to start from a fresh install and migrate my data from the timemashine backup.

-

One other question: I thought i should be able to boot from my exrternal mirrord backup (i used chrono sync since i use that a lot) but i have no luck doing so. Does anyone know if Chronosyn might have missed out the EFI and Recoverry partition and thats why i cant boor from it?

Thanks
Leo

Ps.: For a not very experienced hackintosh user like me (i have it runnign 2-3 years but im not to familiar with the kext and such) would you recomend using multiobeast or a full clover install? (i used to have clover, but maybe multibeast is easyer for me?)

THANKS AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back