Zotac Geforce GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello...

I am having GA-H77M-D3H. Does the ZOTAC Geforce GTX 660 will work with it? I am having confusion of PCI slot.

Please reply me urgently.

I have ordered one so please let me know so that i can cancel order if not compatible.

TVS_GOLD

It'll be fine. Current standard for GPUs is PCI Express, you'll probably have 2-3 of the longer versions the graphics card needs on your board.

It'll be fine. Current standard for GPUs is PCI Express, you'll probably have 2-3 of the longer versions the graphics card needs on your board.

Thanks

Is there any diffrence in performance when pcie 3.0x 16 card is used on pcie 1x 16?

Thanks

Is there any diffrence in performance when pcie 3.0x 16 card is used on pcie 1x 16?

If you mean a PCIe 1.0 slot then the card would be limited to that bandwidth. Having taken a look at the specs for the GA-H77M-D3H, it has a PCIe 3.0 x16 slot so you wouldn't need to worry about that.

Thanks

3.0 is the version, not sure what you mean about the last one? Anyway, PCIe versions are compatible, backwards and forwards. It's just a matter of speed.

If you mean a PCIe 1.0 slot then the card would be limited to that bandwidth. Having taken a look at the specs for the GA-H77M-D3H, it has a PCIe 3.0 x16 slot so you wouldn't need to worry about that.

I can't find PCIe 3.0 X16 in specification given on Gigabyte website. It say motherboard has following expansion slots

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
* The PCI Express x16 slot supports up to PCI Express 2.0 standard when an Intel 32nm (Sandy Bridge) CPU is installed.
(The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
1 x PCI Express x1 slot
(The PCIEX4 and PCIEX1 slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
1 x PCI

I am confused by the word conforms. does it clearly means it has PCIe 3.0? or Does it means PCIEX16 = PCIe 3.0?

I can't find PCIe 3.0 X16 in specification given on Gigabyte website. It say motherboard has following expansion slots

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
* The PCI Express x16 slot supports up to PCI Express 2.0 standard when an Intel 32nm (Sandy Bridge) CPU is installed.
(The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
1 x PCI Express x1 slot
(The PCIEX4 and PCIEX1 slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
1 x PCI

I am confused by the word conforms. does it clearly means it has PCIe 3.0? or Does it means PCIEX16 = PCIe 3.0?

What it means is that the PCIe x16 slot is a PCIe 3.0 slot running at 16 lanes (the x16 part).
The other 2 PCIe slots are PCIe 2.0 with 4 lanes and with 1 lane

What it means is that the PCIe x16 slot is a PCIe 3.0 slot running at 16 lanes (the x16 part).
The other 2 PCIe slots are PCIe 2.0 with 4 lanes and with 1 lane

Thank you so much...

Wish you very happy new year 2013....!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back