Graphics
Intel
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Pls Help. And Thanks in advance. I have a working 10.8.2. Downloaded a 10.8.3 combo upgrade from Apple and ran install. Then I used MB to add Audio and Trim for SSD. When I restart I get a white screen. Upon reboot it hangs at the following code:
photo.JPG

Have you tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=No. I'm sure that your graphics card is fully supported in 10.8.3.

Hi! I had exact same issue. I managed to boot in to osx with -x -f I believe. Safe mode and not loading the kext. Browse to extensions and delete all bluetooth kexts, repair and restart. That should fix your problem

Thanks. I successfully upgraded. First, I searched for my exact build with upgrade issues.

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Intel Core i7-3770K
EVGA GeForce GT 640
Sandisk SATA 6Gb/s 120GB SSD
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Then here is what I did:

I referenced this thread and specifically post #23 and added a few items:http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...8-3-problems-stuck-apple-splash-spinning.html

Steps:

1) Used SuperDuper to clone OS and Aps to identical SSD
2) Copied Chimera to cloned SSD
3) Rebooted and pressed F12 to select the cloned SSD
4) Downloaded Multibeast (MB) (waited to install until after I upgraded to 10.8.3)
5) Downloaded 10.8.3 Combo (waited to restart until I installed MB)
6) Intalled MB with post #23 (see link above) recommendations including BIOs (Ver F4 not 14) settings (added VT-D "Disabled") plus added "Customization"; "Boot Options"; "Graphics Enabler=No" and System: iMac
7) pressed restart button on 10.8.3 Combo
8) Reinstalled audio drivers again ALC898 via MB Customization
9) Reboot and Success

Hope this helps someone...took me 2 days to figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back