Graphics
Radeon HD 5700 Series
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I know my motherboard is AMD and MAC's only run on Intel; that is fine. Here is what I have, if someone could tell me what all I need to change to have a hackintosh computer? I only need it to run the XCode software, so audio and HD graphics is not a requirement for me unless I need it for apps.

My motherboard is GA-790XTA-UD4 (AM) but I am willing to upgrade to Intel; preferably one that supports quad core or higher.
My PC case is the APEVIA X-CRUSIER-BL Blue Steel ATX
Processor is AMD Phenom(tm)II x 4 965 Processor, 3400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logic Processor(s)
My Ram is Patriot Gamer Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
My graphics card is a SAPPHIRE 100283-2L ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (I hope I can keep this with the right kext files; I don't know how to look these up properly)
I have an HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH08LS10 ATA Device; also an HP BD Writer bd340i ATA Device
I have a MERC STEALTH keyboard and a Razer Lachesis mouse, I also have a Mac keyboard and Mac mouse if I need it.
My power supple is a CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Certified Crossfire Ready 80

I want to be able to boot to Windows 7 Ultimate which I have the legal DVD's for; and then be able to boot to Mac preferably on separate HD's or SSD's. I want to keep the cost down without having to build a whole new system, hopefully I can just replace the motherboard and processor. Please let me know what yo guys think I should do. I do not want to purchase a Mac if I can help it.

Thanks,
Paul

See the tonymacx86 Buyers Guide for 2012 link in my signature block for a list of compatibility components and suggested builds.

I want to make sure I get this right, the only compatible components are the ones ONLY in the "Buyers Guide"?

I want to keep everything but motherboard and CPU; I use the Windows 7 side of this "build" mostly for gaming and video editing.
If I have to replace graphics card, then I do not want to build this system at this time.

If the sleep is necessary, you would change the optical drive. <-- I guess I don't understand this part.

I plan on purchasing the
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116501&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=4902415&SID=

and
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128559&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=4902415&SID=

I hope that is all I have to buy.
And I take it that the installation guide with the 8GB USB works with all of the "Custom Builds" option; including all Kexts or "drivers"?

Anyone? Just let me know if I HAVE to use the graphics cards listed on this site with my current configuration. I am hoping to just purchase a motherboard and CPU. Does the kext files listed on the instructions work for a generic graphics cards or just specific ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back