Motherboard
iMac i7 27"
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I'm a Mac owner and I want to find a PC laptop whose hard drive I can partition. I want to run Lion on one partitioned drive and be able to game under Windows on the other. I would like a laptop that is upgradable so that I can swap out CPU and video card in the future. I know nothing about how possible this is and would appreciate any advice.

Thank you,
Cedlong

Hello, I'm a Mac owner and I want to find a PC laptop whose hard drive I can partition. I want to run Lion on one partitioned drive and be able to game under Windows on the other. I would like a laptop that is upgradable so that I can swap out CPU and video card in the future. I know nothing about how possible this is and would appreciate any advice.

Thank you,
Cedlong

Most laptops can have the CPU upgraded, depending on the skill of the owner and compatibility of motherboard/chipset/BIOS.

But not so sure about upgradable video card. I tend to buy laptops with only onboard graphics (power/heat/noise issue), so I'm not up on how laptops tend to implement discrete graphics -- whether they are onboard or on a separate mini-PCIe card. Upgradable graphics might be a bit of a Unicorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back