i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi!
I've been using a rock solid Capitan build since 2020. I had a previous Mavericks that still works on a separate SSD.

Beautiful triple boot with Clover all working fine.

I need to update the OS. I ve been trying High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina. All wirh th same issue. After i get OS to recognize my GTX650 fine everything works and looks fine for the first minutes.

But when i open something like mozilla or anythin that overlaps a screen with hi images iver the desktop, gliches start appearing all around.

I'll post an image to see i f someone recongnizes this kind of error and points me in the right direction.

Tnank you in advance.
F

20221221_203222.jpg
20221221_105100.jpg

Beautiful triple boot with Clover all working fine.
I've been trying High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina.
What version of Clover are you using ? It must be updated to run newer macOS versions.

What version of Clover are you using ? It must be updated to run newer macOS versions.
As the OP's screenshots appear to show his/her computer running High Sierra and perhaps Mojave (as shown by the Dark Mode), I would say he/she has already updated Clover sufficiently to run these newer versions.

I would suggest the graphics glitches may be due to the known problem of the Kepler GPUs (which includes the GTX 650 Ti the OP uses) showing glitches in High Sierra and probably later versions :

Perhaps the OP can replace the graphics with a supported AMD graphics card or just remove the card and switch to the CPU integrated graphics of the 4790K?

glitches may be due to the known problem of the Kepler GPUs (which includes the GTX 650 Ti the OP uses) showing glitches in High Sierra and probably later versions
That's what they call the Vram memory leak problem with certain Nvidia cards. Could be part of the issue.

Clover 5117. It was installed by Multibeast so it should be compatible with each OS.

As the OP's screenshots appear to show his/her computer running High Sierra and perhaps Mojave (as shown by the Dark Mode), I would say he/she has already updated Clover sufficiently to run these newer versions.

I would suggest the graphics glitches may be due to the known problem of the Kepler GPUs (which includes the GTX 650 Ti the OP uses) showing glitches in High Sierra and probably later versions :

Perhaps the OP can replace the graphics with a supported AMD graphics card or just remove the card and switch to the CPU integrated graphics of the 4790K?
I read about this issues. I'm giving my card a last chance before replacing it, of course because i want to avoid that investment if i can. Thank you for your quick response!

That's what they call the Vram memory leak problem with certain Nvidia cards. Could be part ...

Is there any known workaround on this problem? If this cannot be solved i will start looking for a compatiblw AMD graphics card.

Thank you!

Now that i know "the name" of the issue i've been able to google more precosely and i found out it's probably better for me to just buy an AMD card, upgrading my GPU at the same time. Found a used Vega 56 at a nice price so i'll try to buy it tomorrow.

I'll just cross my fingers it isn't too much a headache changing from Nvidia to AMD.

I'll post the results here.

Thank you all for your support.

F

Now that i know "the name" of the issue i've been able to google more precisely and i found out it's probably better for me to just buy an AMD card, upgrading my GPU at the same time. Found a used Vega 56 at a nice price so i'll try to buy it tomorrow.

I'll just cross my fingers it isn't too much a headache changing from Nvidia to AMD.

I'll post the results here.

Thank you all for your support.

F
If you are switching to a natively supported graphics card like the Vega then it should not be much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back