Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte ga-z97x-ud3h - Clover UEFI
CPU
Intel i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hey guys,

so i have a dual boot system with Win 10 and El Capitan which i built according to the buyers guide (Gigabyte ga-z97x-ud3h; Intel i7; Geforce GTX 1070).
Right now i have both systems on a single 500gb SSD drive. The windows system runs on efi for easier booting. So far it runs very smooth and functional.

Well now i want to update my os x from El Capitan to Mojave, so that i can run the newest version of Logic Pro X. Since I might run out of space on my ssd i think i might need to upgrade and buy a 1TB SSD.

My question now is: How should i perform the update, so that i get the least hassle? Should i first perform a backup (carbon copy etc.) to my new ssd and then run the update to sierra, high sierra and then mojave? Or is there a faster way to directly update to mojave? And since its been a long time since i installed i have no idea which kexts and settings i used. Is there any way to just copy these from my current setup and then paste them into my new one?

Any hints on how i should approach this would be greatly appreciated :)

Your GTX 1070 will not work in Mojave, there are no drivers.

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Thank you for your reply. I updated my profile and hope it is alright now. I just checked and I made a mistake, i own a 1060. But I guess it doesn't matter since the drivers should be the same. So essentially I either update only to high sierra and get to use my 1060 or i update to mojave and need to use my motherboards output again, as i did before the release of the cuda drivers for el cap?

So essentially I either update only to high sierra and get to use my 1060 or i update to mojave and need to use my motherboards output again, as i did before the release of the cuda drivers for el cap?
Yes.

What a bummer. Guess I will wait for the release then. Thanks for your help!

Yeah I just read that people are waiting for one and a half years now... Anyway I think this is solved for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back