Z490
CPU
i7 10700k
Graphics
Radeon Sapphire RX580 8gb
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi there,

I created a successful boot of the Monterey install and it loads up and works beautifully in version 12.4

i decided to upgrade to 12.6.3 and ran the download/install process. It runs through the whole process with no problems except that it doesn't actually install the update? It boots straight back into 12.4.

I am on OC 0.8.2 and used the build that was here on the forum.

What am I missing for it not to be installing the update?

Any help/suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you

Hi all,

Not that I got any responses to my plight at the time, I thought I should at least update the thread to show that it has been solved.

In the end I managed to solve my issue which related to the fact that Monterey was booting using an old version of OC that related to my Catalina build. Once I found out how to update the OC using OCAT (incredible tool) and got it booting into Monterey using the newest OC, it updated from OS12.5 to OS12.6.3.

What I will say is, thank goodness for full backups of my drives as I was able to try things and I did break a couple of things along the way but I was able to get back to where I needed to be.

I love the Hackintosh community and the knowledge but it sure ain't for the faint hearted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back