Contribute
Register

Updates of wingworm's iMac G4 Mod - with haswell refresh i7 4790s and Yosemite hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Previous version link

The main goal of this version is to update hardware for hackintosh, it's still built over thin mini-itx board.
The hardware list for reference:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87TN
CPU: Intel haswell refresh i7 4790s
Memory: 2*4GB DDR3 1600MHz
HDD: 256G msata SSD + 1.5T WD HDD
BCM94352 half mini pci-e combo card for 802.11ac and bluetooth 4.0

PC254351.JPG

Another creation of this mod is finding an elegant way to realize multiple controls such as LCD dimmer, on/off etc, that is to reuse the front apple metal logo as touch switch.

The idea comes from below switch for real lamps.

touch switch.jpg

Below video for a quick look first, I will add details later if anyone interested

[video=youtube;AYDbdmENXLI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYDbdmENXLI[/video]

Wow ! :eek: amazing work ! :thumbup: :clap:

Very nice! :thumbup:

Is your heat pipe CPU cooling system "Prime stable"? Could you post details of your touch sensors? I have two separate touch sensors for brightness control in my HemiMac.

MacTester

Very nice! :thumbup:

Is your heat pipe CPU cooling system "Prime stable"? Could you post details of your touch sensors? I have two separate touch sensors for brightness control in my HemiMac.

MacTester

Hi Mactester, I saw your touch solution, it's amazing and so convenient :thumbup: However, I don't have tools to drill through the dome. Alternatively, I drilled the plastic case and wired the apple logo to sense circuit inside the dome. The sense circuit is also easy, just like the one used for lamp switch. It's not capacitive touch as yours and needs conducting the charge from your finger to the circuit. Since there is only one conductor - the metal apple logo, a MCU is used to identify different touch action: hold, long touch and short touch. With combinations of there actions, various commands can be identified, just like the morse code. Below are commands realized in this version of mod:

hold, touch longer than 5 seconds, - power on/off
two short touch - brightness up
three short touch - brightness down
four short touch - LCD on/off
one long and one short touch - FAN speed up
one long and two short touch - FAN speed down
one long and three short touch - FAN speed auto tuned

PC264449 copy.jpg

Hi wingworm,

really happy for your new configuration...:thumbup:... the former was a reference for me, especially for the reuse of pro speaker and rear audio output, and I have never had the opportunity to thank you for your work....so ....thank you very much!!!

The passive cooling solution is still amazing! is it effective in the long time and hard use ?

cordialy, spong_jojo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back