nFast 8800 GTS 512
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Guys, this is my first post here.

I've initially installed 10.8.2 & managed to get audio & wireless WUSB600N v2 to work. I even managed to get ML to identify my video card (GeForce 8800GTS 512) though opencl was not running. I endlessly tried to fix the opencl to no avail.

Decided to update to 10.8.4 to try and fix the issue, yet ended up with a nonstop failed boot.

Now the issue is that I've managed to get into safe mode twice, attempted to troubleshoot yet eventually found myself in a spot where even safe mode isn't accessible.

These are the steps I took with the update:
1. Ran the 10.8.4 combo update
2. Ran multibeast & reinstalled audio driver (without DSDT) then ran Kext Utility
3. Installed Chimera 2.0.1
4. After restart, I got through verbose & into a 'black screen' (basically, my TV said there was no signal)
5. Booted into safe mode, tried to reinstall video drivers (same response, black screen ... now here even safe mode started failing)
6. Tried a variety of bootloader flags (GraphicsEnabler both yes & no, UseKernelCache both yes & no, USBRootUID both 0 & 1, with DSDT=whatever! even experimented with a combination of them) however nothing was working. Finally I managed to get into safe mode with -x npci=x3000 -v ... but after the next restart nothing seems to boot up.

Hardware:
MoBo: ga x58-usb3 - i7 950 Firmware2
Graphics: GeForce 8800GTS 512 x2
Audio: Realtek ALC892

Below is the verbose log from both -v & then -x -v (note that using -v -x & adding other flags gives me the same result) ... hope you guys can help me out. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'll have to rebuild from scratch using 10.8.2 :(

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rbgigrpsm08dt22/pDBARgsriv -- two attachments, first without -x & the next with -x

Maybe Try PCIRootUID=0.

Also maybe suggest on the top right you search GA-X58-USB3 and see if other people got success. As there is no on board graphics the card you are using is not detected now.

I've attempted with -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=x3000 ... got stuck at PCI configuration begin. Tried combining them with the PCIRootUID=0 but got the same result. Any other ideas?

Also, say I manage to get into safe mode, what should I repair or remove to be able to get it working? oh, and were the logs useful in anyway? :)

P.S. I did a lot of googling ... it took me quite some time to get 10.8.2 to run ... however, at least I had access to safe mode back then! :p

I don't see any way I can get into safe mode on my current setup ... sigh (even single user logon isn't accessible!) :(

Any other suggestions, guys? Could use a helping hand here.

Else I think I might end up doing a clean installation of 10.8.2 and try the driver you suggested, Sqishy.

Thanks for the suggestions & help, much appreciated.

EDIT: I've updated the dropbox folder below ... please check it out for the logs

I think 'wildwillow' can help or maybe the obvious answers guys will post something.

I can't reach him via a PM as I've only posted 3 posts (minimum requirement is 50 posts for PMs!) :)

Now I'm installing 10.8.2 on a USB thumbstick, will then try to access it & remove unnecessary kexts & try to fix the chameleon plist on my HDD. Not sure if this will work, but I bet it's worth a try! ;)

The force was not strong with this one! (pointing at myself).

Ended up rebuilding 10.8.2 from scratch ... but still can't get the freakin' opencl to function on my 8800GTS 512. What a hassle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back