Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Updated Clover to 5133, cannot boot since

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after thinking about it, I will first copy my previous EFI folder to the boot partition and try to get back my working system. Back up everything, change the video card and try to upgrade to Catalina.
So this has worked, I am back on Clover 4895: I have booted into the USB installer, used Clover Config to mount the EFI partition and copied back the APPLE, BOOT and CLOVER folder replacing the ones there, unmounted the EFI partition and restarted. Clover 4895 started up without any errors.

Now I have to learn about uninstalling NVidia drivers and getting an RX580 to work, before I dive into the Catalina install.

So this has worked, I am back on Clover 4895: I have booted into the USB installer, used Clover Config to mount the EFI partition and copied back the APPLE, BOOT and CLOVER folder replacing the ones there, unmounted the EFI partition and restarted. Clover 4895 started up without any errors.

Now I have to learn about uninstalling NVidia drivers and getting an RX580 to work, before I dive into the Catalina install.
Good to see that.

If you wish to install Catalina, you will need to update Clover first. I use Clover 5119 (the version included in the Catalina version of Unibeast) myself to run Catalina with no problems.

Good to see that.

If you wish to install Catalina, you will need to update Clover first. I use Clover 5119 (the version included in the Catalina version of Unibeast) myself to run Catalina with no problems.
Thank you for pointing me into the right direction.

In the meantime, I have managed to get to 5070 and the current install is still OK. I will try with this version a direct upgrade: this is already higher than the minimum recommended for this approach, if I understood it correctly.

Thank you for pointing me into the right direction.

In the meantime, I have managed to get to 5070 and the current install is still OK. I will try with this version a direct upgrade: this is already higher than the minimum recommended for this approach, if I understood it correctly.

So... we are doing this a week apart (also put in a rx580 because I want to go to Catalina) and running into the same problems apparently.

How did you get v5070 to work? After reading every topic on this black screen thing, Im still stuck.

So... we are doing this a week apart (also put in a rx580 because I want to go to Catalina) and running into the same problems apparently.

How did you get v5070 to work? After reading every topic on this black screen thing, Im still stuck.
Originally Clover Configurator has updated Clover to 5070 (from an earlier version) and after rebooting it worked. After that I made the mistake of running Hackintool and updating from there to 5133 which bricked the system. After the help from the moderators here :clap:, I have simply copied the 5070 Clover back to the EFI (BOOT and CLOVER folder in the EFI backup) and I could boot again. All seem to work now.

I am not sure if I can really provide good help, but first let's check (the obvious): did you have a working system with an earlier Clover version? If yes, can you simply copy back from the Clover update backup EFI of that earlier working system into your booting EFI to check that everything is OK?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back