i5-4670k
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Here's an interesting issue, my PC starts up and only displays the OS Loading Screen (Gray Loading Bars). What I found odd was that I could hear the system sounds in the background even though nothing changed on my display. I decided to type in my password and press "Enter" to log in. My HDD continued to read as if it was loading everything. To my surprise, everything is working fine in the background. My external is running right now to save some files that I recently created and I'm going to check it after it stops blinking to see if it actually is working in the background.

Basically, why am I stuck looking at the startup screen, but my PC is working just fine behind it?

I'm reluctant to restart at the moment because it would appear my computer is backing up at this time because of the E-HDD Indicator light flashing to let me know it's busy.

Any suggestions?

What does your system look like in verbose mode? Type in -v -x PCIRootUID=0 at the chimera screen (An Apple with eyes). If it stops on some text, take a picture and post it here. Any solution will depend on where it stops.

If, because you are in safe mode, you get to a login page, then run MultiBeast with your usual settings. That may be all you need. If not, then you may need to look at your BIOS settings. Good luck.

When I recently ran the Combo 10.8.4 updater to take care of a problem with the Calender timing out, it wiped out my MultiBeast settings. I lost sound, but running MB and then checking in System Information/Audio and System Permissions got it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back