Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE
CPU
Ryzen 5 3600
Graphics
RX580
Just update from 12.2.1 to 12.3, the update seems to be finished, but now as I try to open macOS i got stuck on apple logo - 1/3 is done and then it stops - the HDD led stops and I need to reset

OC 079 (same was on 076)
RX580
ryzen 5 3600

Please help.

I've seen a thread where ppl advise to change a boot arg but I do not have it at all :(

Attachments

• config.plist
    33.2 KB · Views: 33
  • log.txt
    50.6 KB · Views: 36
Just update from 12.2.1 to 12.3, the update seems to be finished, but now as I try to open macOS i got stuck on apple logo - 1/3 is done and then it stops - the HDD led stops and I need to reset

OC 079 (same was on 076)
RX580
ryzen 5 3600

Please help.

I've seen a thread where ppl advise to change a boot arg but I do not have it at all :(
add -v to your boot-args to see what the issue could be

Your should add the following kexts to your /ECIF/OC/KExts folder, with an accompanying entry for the kext in your config.plist.
  1. AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
  2. RestrictEvents.kext
Copies of both kexts are attached in the Archive.zip below.

I have cleaned up your config.plist, removing unnecessary placeholder entries, which are of no use to an AMD system. I have also added the verbose boot argument to the config.plist, was you will see the kernel panic now when you boot with this config.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    18.2 KB · Views: 40
  • config.plist.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 27
Adding AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext helped me this week, I was updating from 12.2 to 12.3.1.

Your should add the following kexts to your /ECIF/OC/KExts folder, with an accompanying entry for the kext in your config.plist.
  1. AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
  2. RestrictEvents.kext
Copies of both kexts are attached in the Archive.zip below.

I have cleaned up your config.plist, removing unnecessary placeholder entries, which are of no use to an AMD system. I have also added the verbose boot argument to the config.plist, was you will see the kernel panic now when you boot with this config.
thank u very much but:

I've added both kexts and done an OC snapshot with the plist you provided but it sill stops at some point - New log attached

Attachments

• log2.txt
    256 KB · Views: 32
thank u very much but:

I've added both kexts and done an OC snapshot with the plist you provided but it sill stops at some point - New log attached
post a pic where it hangs

My bad - I forgot to copy the kexts to the efi folder -_-

now it works! thx a lot good people ;)

Edhawk - you're a Star! :)

You are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back