Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Formatted the USB drive (SanDisk Cruzer, 16 gig) via disk utility with a single OS X Extended (Journaled) /GUID Partition Map partition. (Formats as 14 gig HPS Plus, reserving the remainder for the journal.) This process is being done on a Mac Mini and it's USB 2.0 for copying, so I'm trying to be patient.

Drive shows as empty when I check with Disk Utility. Note that the File menu option to Enable Journaling is disabled.

Quit Disk Utility. Drive 'Untitled' is mounted in Finder. Run UniBeast. Continue x4, Agree.

Select my drive, choose El Capitan & UEFI mode. For this run I'm not picking any extra options for Graphics.

Get through Mounting Volumes step, then hang on Copying Files. The animation continues but the progress bar does not move. The Untitled volume is unmounted.

Checking Console choose /var/log -> install.log as per support policy. There's nothing with the 'Install: "UniBeast...' tag, just the following:

Code:
Feb 18 07:51:34 RackMac storagekitd[26241]: Erase Complete, Mount Point: (null)Feb 18 07:51:34 RackMac storagekitd[26241]: Recache Complete, Mount Point: (null)
Feb 18 07:51:43 RackMac storagekitd[26241]: Removing client connection <SKDaemonConnection: 0x7ff388e00650>
Feb 18 07:51:43 RackMac storagekitd[26241]: No more connections, storagekitd will exit...

I think the storagekitd stuff is from Disk Utility. I'm not even getting a hint that UniBeast is running.

Does SIP need to be disabled for UniBeast?

I can quit UniBeast which leaves me with a drive I presume is not functional. It shows as full of 'Other' content in Disk Utility (still named Untitled) and will not mount. It must be erased to allow UniBeast to see it again.

Any thoughts? I apologize for not providing he requested diagnostic info, but it doesn't appear to be created in this failure state.

I'm letting it run for a bit, as the only suggestion I've seen fort his specific issue is that the progress bar may not be the most helpful.

It needs quite a bit of time and there doesn't seem to be any progress while copying – but it works. Took an hour or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back