Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I cannot get far enough to generate the requested log files...

The icon appears with a circle and line through it, and while trying to get it to work I got these messages via the terminal:

Just dragging it to try and get it to run - bad cpu type
install - "inappropriate file type or format"
open - "this application cannot open because it has the incorrect executable format."

Just clicking on it to run produces this message: You can't open the application "UniBeast" because it's not supported on this type of Mac"

I've manipulated it in as many ways as I can think of to try and figure out the cause and have exhausted my google ability.

I'm running an i7 on 10.6.8 ... its not the wrong hardware for this application...please someone point me in the right direction here.

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in the lack of response to my threads on this forum. At any rate here is the solution to my problem for anyone else that might have the same issue as me.

The inability to open UniBeast (no-smoking sign) or errors generated if you navigate the contents of (.app) are resulting because the CPU is unknown or set incorrectly.

If you select about this mac and it shows unknown or something other than what is supported by Yosemite...then you know with 100% certainty that this is the cause for this problem.

Further googling will lead you to try and modify the smbios.plist file (/Extra/smbios.plist).

That didn't work for me, so on a hunch I decided to try a different method of booting. And it worked. The proper CPU type was set and I was able to use UniBeast as directed to install Yosemite using Snow Leapard.

So just because the method you used to access the DVD for the install and then boot into afterwards works...doesn't mean it's the correct one. I'm not familiar with OS X architecture to be able to explain why, but just try a different method of booting and see if that helps.

For Asus K55VD users...It's the Ivy Bridge version of iBoot.

Vent over.

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in the lack of response to my threads on this forum

118144-crystal.png

The quality of help that you receive is often proportional to the information that you provide.

Please add your system specs to your profile - It will help others to help you and is a requirement of the Rules.

Thanks in anticipation

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back