onboard
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I removed my Win8 partition earlier today after running into some system issues and not wanting to deal with the headache. However, now when I try to repair my boot sequence by installing either Chimera or Chameleon, it says it installs correctly but never boots to it, instead hanging at "Loading Operating System..." or coming up with "Error!" The install log always says that Windows is still installed and that it remains the active partition. I always have to use rBoot with the -F flag to start up Mountain Lion. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

You won't get any answer, if you don't give more information.

Boot somehow to your macosx with usb or something and type following in the terminal:

Code:
$ diskutil list

Oh! Sorry. Here's a screenshot of my diskutil list, from what I can tell there's not really any trace of my old Windows partition so I don't know why I'm still getting this error...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-17 at 10.59.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-17 at 10.59.42 AM.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 362
Oh! Sorry. Here's a screenshot of my diskutil list, from what I can tell there's not really any trace of my old Windows partition so I don't know why I'm still getting this error...

When you installed Win8 on the same HDD as OS X, Win8 "protected" the boot sector of the hard drive - one of Microsofts new Windows features to prevent malware that attacks the boot sector from doing damage. In doing so, it prevents you from writing the boot files to the HDD. Your best bet is to clone your OS X partition, write-one-pass-zeros erase your HDD and clone your clone back to the HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back