Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am trying to dual boot SL on one HDD and Win7 on another HDD.

I have successfully installed and updated SL to 10.6.8 with Chimera bootloader. When setting my SL drive as first priority, and loading the Chimera bootloader, I receive the BOOTMGR missing error when trying to load Windows 7.

So, I decided to set my Win7 drive to first boot priority and loaded up EasyBCD 2.1, adding a Mac OS X entry. From this menu at boot, I choose Mac OS X and the Chameleon bootloader shows my Mac HDD, but doesn't let me boot to it. The Apple logo appears and the spinner spins for a few minutes, then a crossed out circle shows up (as if the installation is not there).

Any ideas on how to fix this problem--either direction?

Thanks!

j0kerm4n said:
So, I decided to set my Win7 drive to first boot priority and loaded up EasyBCD 2.1, adding a Mac OS X entry. From this menu at boot, I choose Mac OS X and the Chameleon bootloader shows my Mac HDD, but doesn't let me boot to it. The Apple logo appears and the spinner spins for a few minutes, then a crossed out circle shows up (as if the installation is not there).

You may check here:
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.p ... 091.0.html
(But if you can not start Win from Chameleon, then do not put boot0md in win disk MBR.)

I was able to boot chameleon on the second disk by
- adding EasyBCD 2.1 Mac OS X entry in mode MBR
- renamed boot0md from above link into nst_mac.mbr
- copy it over existing C:\NST\nst_mac.mbr

Although, it's strange that you can not start Win from Chameleon.

hmm...I still can't seem to get it working. None of these suggestions are working...

so, are you running both systems with BIOS set to AHCI as SnapMan is showing you?

I had the same problem

THe solution for me was folowing:

- Install OSX on one hard drive ( with everything you need, bootloader, kexts, bootlist changes...)
- then install Windows 7 on another hard drive, but at the beginning of the installation progress, windows creates a small hidden partition for boot files etc. . That is what the OSX bootloaders do not like, so: erase the partition on which u wanted to install Windows, then resize the small (200mb) partition to one big partition and choose to install windows on this one.
- after that priorize your osx hard drive in the BIOS boot list, boot and choose your OS
- thta worked for me like a charm

Cheers Jens

Yes, both are AHCI

I'd try the latter suggestion, but I've just reinstalled windows and booted up.

Guess I gotta stick to changing the HDD priority. Oh well...thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back