Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
UX-333FN
CPU
i7-8560u
Graphics
MX-150 | UHD 620
Hello
So I've been trying for the past couple of weeks to get Mojave up and running as a dual boot on my shiny new zenbook but I've been running into dead ends straight at the start of it all. Ive done hackintoshes before so I know most of the general process for legacy desktops but eufi systems with SSDts and DSDT patches and whatnot are all new to me. My laptop uses the new whiskey lake i7s and after a week of failure I came across the suggestions from the replies in this thread but I still get to the same point of a grey screen with a cursor, then a brief black screen which then turns into an apple logo with a loading bar and a cursor and never moves further.

Im using the config_UHD630.plist from the GitHub repo right now but earlier tries using the HD620 config plist were giving me the same results.

So far I've tried:
1) Using lilucpu=8 in combination with Skylake platform ids using the HD620 config.plist as my boot args
2) Using lilucpu=8,9 and 10 with invalid platform ids
3) Using safe mode -x
4) Different USB ports and different installers but the same 8g drive since I don't have any other drives

Even with all of that I end up at the same screen after the verbose log finishes. The weird part is sometimes I actually get to the macOS utilities screen and even managed to install it once with the hd620 config.plist a month ago but had to force restart it during the install when it got stuck and got into the desktop with broken QE/CI of course. However I wasn't able to boot back into the system no matter what I tried and would end up at the same apple logo and cursor screen. I can move the cursor button matter how long I leave it there for the loading bar never moves. I have also been able to boot to the macOS utilities screen with the UHD630 config.plist but when I tried again later with nothing changed id get stuck at the apple logo again.

Frankly I'm at my wits end here and have begun to kinda regret buying this laptop over an XPS 13 since those are apparently much easier hacks. Ive attached my clover folder with the acpi and reboot.log outputs as per the faq. Ive also attached a ton of verbose log photos where verbose1-5 are from when i was miraculously able to boot using the uhd630config.plist while verbose6-8 are using the same config.plist and boot flags but ending up at the apple logo, verbose9.jpg is just me mashing keys on y keyboard in frustration and getting something interesting so i just put it there. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • Verbose1[2].jpg
    Verbose1[2].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • Verbose2[1].jpg
    Verbose2[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • Verbose3[1].jpg
    Verbose3[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • Verbose4[1].jpg
    Verbose4[1].jpg
    583.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Verbose5[2].jpg
    Verbose5[2].jpg
    627.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Verbose6[1].jpg
    Verbose6[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
  • verbose7[1].jpg
    verbose7[1].jpg
    675.8 KB · Views: 57
  • verbose8[1].jpg
    verbose8[1].jpg
    796 KB · Views: 79
  • verbose9[1].jpg
    verbose9[1].jpg
    678 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I have the same CPU not the same laptop. I installed Mojave easily but the IGPU is not working properly. Whiskey Lake is not ready for Customac. If you have some issue with installation, you should check the Bios setting.Security disable and XHCI enable. Non-Visual setting for CPU is make smoother to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back