Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As I posted in another thread I look after some macs for family members and was waiting for the expected update of the Mac Pro to replace two old Mac Pro's.

I was disappointed by the announcements yesterday about the Mac Pro but also noticed the huge price difference between UK and US

The base model Mac Pro cost £2049 in the UK and the same machine costs $2449 in the US? A quick look at currency exchange rates shows that £2049 = $3188. This means that the Mac Pro is $689 more expensive in the UK.

Does anyone know how Apple explain this price difference?

the_gael said:
As I posted in another thread I look after some macs for family members and was waiting for the expected update of the Mac Pro to replace two old Mac Pro's.

I was disappointed by the announcements yesterday about the Mac Pro but also noticed the huge price difference between UK and US

The base model Mac Pro cost £2049 in the UK and the same machine costs $2449 in the US? A quick look at currency exchange rates shows that £2049 = $3188. This means that the Mac Pro is $689 more expensive in the UK.

Does anyone know how Apple explain this price difference?

errr not apple, blame our gov.!!! tis call VAT and it's 20% + import costs too (blame HMRC for that one)

:lol: Chill out dude.

Here in Germany the Mac Pro is 2599€ which is almost 3250$!

Thank you beloved government. Now go waste the money on heavy indebted countries to save our precious currency... :lolno:

I've seen and bought stuff on a 1 to 1 basis for the £ to the $ and although it ain't right it's par for the course !

My last purchase was an Apricorn controller which was equal in £ for $ but it was only available in one place in the UK so not much competition.

I've also noticed prices going up on old technology that should be getting cheaper, none of it makes sense !

But you've got to have your tech !

Nige

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back