Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Everyone, :wave:

I’ve been hanging out at the forums incognito looking to build a Hackintosh and ordered my parts this weekend, can’t wait to get it build and start some video editing! Not really here to confirm or not if these parts below will work because they should based on other peoples’ builds here (you guys are SERIOUSLY helpful and so nice! Only board where there is no fighting).

Anyway, my question: I want to run a triple monitor setup and couldn’t find the answer on the board. I know the card I have below will be able to run dual-monitor. Do I have to buy the exact same card to run a triple monitor or can I buy a cheaper one? Or maybe one of those Matrox USB video adapter things? Has anyone tried triple monitor setup with hackintosh yet without having to go .kext crazy?

GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80605I7860

EVGA 01G-P3-N981-TR GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3750528AS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Earthwatts 650w Power Supply

Anyway, if you have opinions on my build that would be nice. It came out to cost a little more than I would have liked at $850+ but hopefully it’s a strong build and will be great for Final Cut Pro. Thanks guys and gals! :thumbup:

nycspade said:
I know the card I have below will be able to run dual-monitor. Do I have to buy the exact same card to run a triple monitor or can I buy a cheaper one?
The second card can be any supported card as Apple doesn't support SLI. As a matter of fact, if it supports dual monitors, you can then have 4 :clap:

MacMan said:
nycspade said:
I know the card I have below will be able to run dual-monitor. Do I have to buy the exact same card to run a triple monitor or can I buy a cheaper one?
The second card can be any supported card as Apple doesn't support SLI. As a matter of fact, if it supports dual monitors, you can then have 4 :clap:

4? Don't tempt me....

Dumb question, but if I play a video game or do some 3-d stuff, my performance will be based on which video card?

Well the thing is, its going to be running triple monitor, two off one card, one off the lesser card...

nycspade said:
Well the thing is, its going to be running triple monitor, two off one card, one off the lesser card...
Just make sure the heavy video requirement application is on the one of the screens on the good card.

nycspade ~ did you ever get Dual GPU working on a UD2 Motherboard?

If so what did you use for the second device in your DSDT? PEG2/PEG3/PEG6?

Can you post a follow up?

Thanks,

-Nx

MacMan said:
nycspade said:

So if I got a nvidia gt470 with dual dvi, I could buy two dvi splitters and hook up 4 displays with a single graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back