Contribute
Register

Trying to upgrade my CPU. I need something cleared up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I have a HP ProBook 4530s WITHOUT dedicated graphics (UMA), and I need to know if it's true that I can upgrade to a quad-core or not. I've seen people saying you can, but they might be talking about the 4530s with dedicated graphics, as the manual says you can for them, but not mine. I want someone to clear this up.

All processors in which the manual says are compatible with this computer are dual-core and require 35 watts of power, if that matters a lot or not.

Thanks for any help,
Cody

Hi guys,

I have a HP ProBook 4530s WITHOUT dedicated graphics (UMA), and I need to know if it's true that I can upgrade to a quad-core or not. I've seen people saying you can, but they might be talking about the 4530s with dedicated graphics, as the manual says you can for them, but not mine. I want someone to clear this up.

All processors in which the manual says are compatible with this computer are dual-core and require 35 watts of power, if that matters a lot or not.

Thanks for any help,
Cody

The service manual for the 4530s lists quad core i7 CPUs. Read it carefully.

I read it very carefully, and it doesn't list quad-cores for the UMA 4530s.

It doesn't matter UMA or not... The listed CPUs work.

The section you're reading is titled 'Product Description'. If you look at the list of CPUs identified under the section for servicing the CPU (page 105), you will see the CPUs listed without regard to laptop model.

This is what I mean by reading carefully...

It doesn't matter that the quads require more watts? The 4530s UMA can power them properly?

It has been done (use search) and has been proven to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back