Contribute
Register

Trying to install High Sierra and after the Apple logo, it gets stuck on this other logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-v Le Plus
CPU
I7 3770k
Graphics
EVGA 1080
I am using unibeast and installed clover_v2.4k.r442 .
I have spent multiple days with different installers and the installer above is the only that got me this far. But afger I wait for 5/10 minutes the logo in the picture shows up and it stays like that.

EDIT: I tried in verbose mode and this is the output.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0582.jpg
    IMG_0582.jpg
    711.3 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Try booting with -f UseKernelCache=No.

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 87
I am using unibeast and installed clover_v2.4k.r442 .
I have spent multiple days with different installers and the installer above is the only that got me this far. But afger I wait for 5/10 minutes the logo in the picture shows up and it stays like that.

EDIT: I tried in verbose mode and this is the output.

I have added those params but I get a slightly different error

Don't expect anything if you are using such an old version of Clover.
Please download a fresh copy of High Sierra 10.13.4 from App Store and format your USB Thumb drive. Afterward, uses Unibeast https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/unibeast-8-3-2.383/ to prepare your USB key and try booting it.

There is an amazing guide here Installation Guide

Please download a fresh copy of High Sierra 10.13.4 from App Store and format your USB Thumb drive. Afterward, uses Unibeast https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/unibeast-8-3-2.383/ to prepare your USB key and try booting it.

I followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/#download with the latest unibeast. And I got the error in the first picture, so I did some research and it said to install clover on the bootable drive, and the version of clover I got it seems to be the latest if not the second last.

I am going to try to use the installation guide you sent me and I will report back.

I followed that guide, I run the setup in verbose mode and it is stuck at "End RandomSeed" which it is the same spot it was stuck yesterday until I did the clover install on the USB and then started getting the cache error

Attachments

• unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 48
I followed that guide, I run the setup in verbose mode and it is stuck at "End RandomSeed" which it is the same spot it was stuck yesterday until I did the clover install on the USB and then started getting the cache error
  • First of all your Personal Details need editing to show the correct Motherboard. Gigabyte has no "P8Z77-v Le Plus" as shown in your Profile.
  • Since your CPU I7 3770k has a Processor associated Intel HD 4000, you won't be able to install using your Nvidia PCIE card EVGA 1080 in the PCIE slot; you got to remove that , change the BIOS to install using Intel GFX as Initial Display Output with a DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory of preferably 128M or at least 64M .
  • Upload your CLOVER from the USB as a zipped file to check there for any problems in booting.
    • For steps to locate CLOVER from EFI , you may check this post:#4

• First of all your Personal Details need editing to show the correct Motherboard. Gigabyte has no "P8Z77-v Le Plus" as shown in your Profile.
  • Since your CPU I7 3770k has a Processor associated Intel HD 4000, you won't be able to install using your Nvidia PCIE card EVGA 1080 in the PCIE slot; you got to remove that , change the BIOS to install using Intel GFX as Initial Display Output with a DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory of preferably 128M or at least 64M .
  • Upload your CLOVER from the USB as a zipped file to check there for any problems in booting.
    • For steps to locate CLOVER from EFI , you may check this post:#4

Hello,

thanks for the reply. my mistake, it is not a gibabyte, it is an Asus.
Is there any other way to install it without removing the 1080 ?

thanks

Hello,

thanks for the reply. my mistake, it is not a gibabyte, it is an Asus.

thanks

If anyone can show you that for macOS High Sierra Installation, please post with details, I will become an immediate convert from my currently held view.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back