Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Trying to create Sierra USB in a HighSierra system. Unibeast keep telling 5GB installer is incomplete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87-HD3
CPU
Core i5-4570
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX-660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all. After some years with this build running flawles, having navigated multiple MacOs upgrades,
and learned a lot in the process, High Sierra broke non solvable my GTX 660. It glitches randomly.
I'm on a budget now and I'm reluctant to buy a decent amd card, wich is obviously the optimal solution.

Running High Sierra, with all patches, stupidly deleted all Sierra system backups and USB installers.

Downloaded from Apple the full Sierra InstallOS.dmg. Then extracted the InstallOS.pkg
Cliking on it only installed 19MB stub. So I installed from terminal with:

sudo installer -pkg /path/to/InstallOS.pkg -target /

That installs the 5GB sierra install app.
But Unibeast 7.1.1 keps telling the dreaded "Selected Mac OS X Installer is Incomplete"

(By the way, if I try to launch the Sierra instaler app the system informs me:
This copy of the “Install macOS” application is too old to be opened on this version of macOS.)

Thanks for your help and have a good day.

Hi all. After some years with this build running flawless, having navigated multiple MacOs upgrades,
and learned a lot in the process, High Sierra broke non solvable my GTX 660. It glitches randomly.
I'm on a budget now and I'm reluctant to buy a decent amd card, which is obviously the optimal solution.

Running High Sierra, with all patches, stupidly deleted all Sierra system backups and USB installers.

Downloaded from Apple the full Sierra InstallOS.dmg. Then extracted the InstallOS.pkg
Cliking on it only installed 19MB stub. So I installed from terminal with:

sudo installer -pkg /path/to/InstallOS.pkg -target /

That installs the 5GB sierra install app.
But Unibeast 7.1.1 keps telling the dreaded "Selected Mac OS X Installer is Incomplete"

(By the way, if I try to launch the Sierra instaler app the system informs me:
This copy of the “Install macOS” application is too old to be opened on this version of macOS.)

Thanks for your help and have a good day.

Unibeast 7.1.1 expects the Sierra installer to have a particular folder, which is missing from the new installer from Apple. That's why Unibeast keeps telling you that the installer is incomplete.

Search on the internet on how to regenerate this folder in the Sierra installer and then Unibeast should work.

Unibeast 7.1.1 expects the Sierra installer to have a particular folder, which is missing from the new installer from Apple. That's why Unibeast keeps telling you that the installer is incomplete.

Search on the internet on how to regenerate this folder in the Sierra installer and then Unibeast should work.
Thanks a lot for the tip!
After a fresh install I'm now enjoying Sierra in all their mesmerizing, sleek and slippery, uncorrupted accelerated glory.
With native drivers!
Sierra fits this machine like a glove.

I let more modern version of MacOs to my next build.

Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back