Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68-UD4
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 570
Hey guys. I was wondering if I could get some advice on what I am doing wrong. I've been working on this since last night and haven't made much progress.

Running 10.7.3 on a GA-Z68XP-UD4 with GTX570 audio codec is ALC889 i believe.

I followed Toleda's guide on enabling HDMI audio. Edited DSDT with generic edit, replaced the code for GraphicsEnabled=yes.

Edited AppleHDA and AppleHDAController with my device IDs

(one thing to note is that I couldn't find "14 00 de 10" to replace with my id so i found "07 00 de 10" and replaced it 4 times. Maybe this is my error? But i can't find "14 00 de 10" in my AppleHDA binary.)

Rebooted after each step with no issues/panics but there is still no HDMI output in sound preferences. I am plugged into my Toshiba LCD TV.

Could someone double check my edits and make sure I didn't make any stupid mistakes? I'm new at this so I'm sure you guys will catch anything I did wrong right away or steer me in the right direction on how to find "14 00 de 10" in AppleHDA if that is indeed the problem.

I've attached everything that I think would prove useful. This issue is really bugging me since I'm 98% sure I followed the guide to a tee! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• HDAU.png
    HDAU.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 299
  • IOHDACodec.png
    IOHDACodec.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 318
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 60
  • dsdt.aml
    17.5 KB · Views: 82
lapenskie said:
I've attached everything that I think would prove useful. This issue is really bugging me since I'm 98% sure I followed the guide to a tee! Thanks in advance!
The most useful tool to attach is a copy of IOReg (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As ...).

Thanks toleda. I'm happy to get a reply form you directly. I really appreciate you taking the time to create that guide so we can all enjoy our digital audio :D

here is my ioreg file.

Attachments

• Lapenskie’s Mac Pro.zip
    479.7 KB · Views: 73
lapenskie said:
Thanks toleda. I'm happy to get a reply form you directly. I really appreciate you taking the time to create that guide so we can all enjoy our digital audio :D

here is my ioreg file.
Why are you trying to use an 888 AppleHDA.kext in an 889 system. Try this 889 AppleHDA.kext http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45413. You will find 14 00 de 10 in this kext. Make the 570 edits as described in the guide.

Note: if you get a black screen or a system reboot, Install the 889Beta_Lion AppleHDA.kext without the 570 edits.

Reply with results.

Just installed that AppleHDA you sent after editing it. I still get no output and with this kext analog sound is distorted.

I actually tried using this kext before with the native binary for HDMI audio only but it did not work either.

I just used the kext as is this time, didn't replace with any optional binaries just edited the device ids. I still have no output.

PS. How can you tell what type of AppleHDA it is? I was not aware i was using one for 888

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
lapenskie said:
Just installed that AppleHDA you sent after editing it. I still get no output and with this kext analog sound is distorted.

PS. How can you tell what type of AppleHDA it is? I was not aware i was using one for 888
With the kext I pointed you to, don't change the binaries.

Try this
1. Install "as is". Verify on board audio
2. Attach copy of IOReg
3. Make 570 edits to "as is" kext.
4. Install
5. Verify on board and HDMI audio
6. Attach copy of IOReg.

Look inside AppleHDA to see what it supports.

toleda said:
lapenskie said:

Try this
1. Install "as is". Verify on board audio
2. Attach copy of IOReg
3. Make 570 edits to "as is" kext.
4. Install
5. Verify on board and HDMI audio
6. Attach copy of IOReg.

Look inside AppleHDA to see what it supports.

I tried the kext as is without edits and I still have distorted sound. With the edits I still have no output and distorted sound also. Onboard audio shows up though including line in and digital out. Attached is my IOReg with vanilla 889 AppleHDA. I will upload the IOReg of the 889 AppleHDA with edits once i reboot

Attachments

• Vanilla 889.zip
    561.7 KB · Views: 60
So I tried the kext with the edits after trying the vanilla kext and it worked! HDMI out PLUS no distortion through HDMI

I still get distortion on my analog audio and G930 headset however. I will need to remedy this as i need those devices clear to use logic.

Thanks for the help! If you have any idea why my speakers/USB audio are now distorted with this kext I would be happy to know so I can figure out a solution.

Thanks again, if you're around Ottawa sometime I'll buy you a beer :)

Unplugging and plugging Logitech USB receiver fixes the problem, but fails again after reboot. Weird :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back