i4000(1366x768)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
I am having asus S400CA triple booting windows 8.1, mavericks and ubuntu 13.10.
Before installing ubuntu, I have intial efi partition boots windows and another colver efi partition used to boot osx. After installing ubuntu, I get menu options to boot ubuntu, windows and osx. First two works ok. osx does not boot from the option. How to make ubuntu menu to run osx or any other alternative to boot either one from single menu.
clover menu needs disabling secureboot where as ubuntu and windows boot secureboot under ubuntu menu.

EDIT:
See this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/42305-my-success-triple-boot-sl-win7-ubuntu-my-4530s.html

You will always have this problem if your multiboot is installed on different partitions of the same physical drive (being it a HDD or SSD)
The Linux (Ubuntu) GRUB2 bootloader will load Linux (Ubuntu in your case) and Windows XP, 7 or 8 just fine.
It will not successfully boot any version of Mac OSX (I tried that without success with 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.9 Mavericks).
WHY? I don't really know...

The best setup for any multiboot PC is to have each and every Operating System (OS) installed onto a different physical hard drive (either HDD or SSD drive). Just make sure the corresponding bootloader gets installed on the same respective drive as well during the OS installation process.
What I usually do is disconnect all drives except for the one I'm installing the respective OS onto. (Reconnect all after all OS are installed)
This way you can choose your boot device during your BIOS splash screen and avoid this problem altogether.
Just hit the boot device hotkey during the initial BIOS splash screen (F12 for Gigabyte and F8 for ASUS motherboards)
Sadly, for a laptop, this kind of setup is close to impossible, as almost all laptops can only have a single physical hard drive or SSD drive installed.
You can probably replace your DVD drive with another HDD or SSD (DVD is almost obsolete anyways), and thus have one drive for Mac OSX and the other for Ubuntu and Windows. They sell an HDD adapter caddy for second laptop drives on eBay or Newegg.

My main OS, that I use the most, always was and still is Linux.
I very rarely use Windows as it sucks, and have Mac OSX installed just for show off.
No offense to anybody here, but Mac OSX is just a dumbed down version of Linux for dummies, very proprietary and restrictive.
I use it every once in a while, but don't really like it all that much.
Here is my setup:
************************************************************************************************************
MY SPECS:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77-HD4
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K quad core @ 3.4GHZ
GPU: EVGA Supeclocked GTX760 (GK104 nVidia Chip) 2GB GDDR5
RAM: 16GB total (four x 4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600MHz
DRIVES:
1 - SSD OCZ Agility 3, 60GB SATA III (6.0Gb/s) for Linux Mint 13 system install files
2 - SSD Crucial M4-CT064M4SSD2 , 64GB SATA III (6.0Gb/s) for Windows 7 Ultimate system install files
3 - SSD ADATA SP600, 32GB, SATA III (6.0Gb/s) for Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks system install files
4 - HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA III (6.0Gb/s) 7200rpm with 64MB Cache
I made 3 primary partitions on this drive, one for Linux Mint Home Folder (user folder), one for Windows NTFS personal file storage and one for Mac OSX personal file storage and Time Machine backups.
5 - HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA III (6.0Gb/s) 7200rpm with 64MB Cache, with just a single primary partition, used for Linux Mint personal file storage.
OPTICAL DRIVE:
Cheap $17 LG DVD Writer.
************************************************************************************************************

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back