Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm sorry if this is a dumb post, I am building my second hackintosh and am able to handle the entire process fine but I wanted to overclock my new system. I have no idea how to overclock, never over locked any system.

Is there a step by step guide that would show me how to do this? From changing the bios settings to what to install with MB? I have read different forum posts but most focus on issues the poster has not the overall process.. Thank you

I7-3770k gigabyte z77x up5 th

Try this one:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/overclock...locking-ivy-bridge-gigabyte-z77-i5-3570k.html

I have an i5-3570k and a Gigabyte UD5H board, so different hardware, but I'm assuming the BIOS is the same. Mine was actually really easy, I just changed the four cores' turbo settings to 45, and mine overclocks to 4.5Ghz without issue. You will want to look at the voltage though, try to keep it as low as possible while still getting a stable system.

If you don't have it already, download Prime 95, then run the torture test (I think it's called small FFT or something like that). Run it for a few hours and see if any errors pop out. If not, you're good (people recommend like 8 or 12 hours to fully test). I hadn't had issues with my overclock.

Again, it's as simple as changing the turbo boost settings for each of the cores, just click on each one and put the number in (in that guide above, it talks about changing the vcore, which is the amount of voltage you're putting into the processor). Going too high on vcore can cause issues, so try to keep it low. Good luck!

Finally finished doing this and it worked great! My geek bench score is 15000 on 32 bit only! Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back