Contribute
Register

tonymacx86 Podcast 003 - PodBeast vs. MechaBeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great podcast. Best one yet. In the next episode, could you discuss the idea of using CarbonCopy?

I installed a bootable 10.8.0, tried to update to 10.8.2, crashed, started from the beginning againm but couldn't install 10.8.0!

Can Carbon Copy be used to try and get around this kind of thing?

Article: tonymacx86 Podcast 003 - PodBeast vs. MechaBeast

Nice, Carbon Copy and time machine can surely be hit upon on the next one, thanks for the idea!

One other idea.

iCloud etc. I can't seem to get it working. I understand that there are 3 methods of making it work:
  • Setting your Ethernet adapter to EN00
  • Generating a serial number with Chameleon Wizard
  • Updating the Kext
Neither seem to work for me. Any ideas?

You're the best.

I just built my first Hackintosh using this site and the Podcasts help me look up info I forgot/didn't know I needed. Thanks guys. Every bit of information helps when you're putting together something that doesn't have "official" support.

Nice job y'all! It's fun to listen to and informative (and funny!).... I agree with BoomR that there's a bit of volume disparity between you two... but's that really the only complaint I have!

Here's one request: could you discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of builds that are up on the customac recommended builds page? For example: ivy-bridge vs socket 2011 vs mini-atx builds. I'm particularly curious about the socket 2011 hexacore systems (like 3930k and xeons) and what the lack of power management etc might mean.

I like it ;-) Realy fun.

Love the Podcast, thanks for the effort but its been a while since the last one, are there going to be more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back