HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
We've got OOB thunderbolt devices- yay! But they don't show up in sys profiler under hardware. They also do not hotswap. I think this may have something to do with the SATA being Unknown. DSDT may correct.

tb-1.png

I've tested:
Seagate GoFlex Thunderbolt Adapter + OCZ Agility SATA3 120gb
Apple Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Ethernet shows up as BCM ethernet- native.

tb-3.png

tb-4.png

tb-5.png

This is the exact same mark I get when I plug the SSD into SATA 6gbps. :thumbup: :headbang:

Here's the readings taken on my 2011 MacBook Air with the exact same drive & adapter.

tb-6.png

tb-7.png

You can hotswap eject drives in and out of the adapter without restart, just not the tb cable itself.

Same with the ethernet adapter- it's like having a PCIe card in.

Thunderbolt is not showing as built-in, and can't be hotswapped. This we are working on. :wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome news about the hot swapping! finally.....

Any news on the hot swap issue? Thanks in advance for the great site!

Thanks a lot for the info
I'm a noob, been trying to build a new Coloring/Sound hackintosh and was wondering about the thunderbolt for the Black magic Cinema camera which is one of the big reasons why i'm making this build and was hoping to find successful stories about (GA-Z77X-UP4-T​H) so my question is would it also work on (GA-Z77X-UP4-T​H) as it worked on (GA-Z77X-UP5-T​H) ?
thanks and sorry if it's a stupid question i'm trying my best to learn as fast as i can :)

I'm using a GA-Z77X-UD5-TH but I'm unable to get any Thunderbolt stuff to work. When I plug a drive in everything freezes and becomes unresponsive. Any advice? Can you post your MB settings?

I'm using a GA-Z77X-UD5-TH but I'm unable to get any Thunderbolt stuff to work. When I plug a drive in everything freezes and becomes unresponsive. Any advice? Can you post your MB settings?

You can't hotplug TB devices on a hackintosh, connect or disconnect them with power off only.

You can't hotplug TB devices on a hackintosh, connect or disconnect them with power off only.

I must be missing a MB setting then. When I power up with a TB device plugged in it will hang on a gray screen.

My patches? If your refering to my DSDT patches they have no thunderbolt patches in them at all. Noone has been able to figure out TB on hacks so there are no patches yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back