Contribute
Register

this copy of the install macos ventura application is damaged, and can´t be used to install macos

Motherboard
Apple M1 > Need model name and year > See Rules!
CPU
M1 > Need either Pro or Max > See Rules!
Graphics
M1
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys. I´ve an iMac 2009 27". I used opencore to install macOS Ventura. but at the moment to press the icon of macOS Ventura it says:"this copy of the install macos ventura application is damaged, and can´t be used to install macOS". I tried with different copies of macOS Ventura and different USBs. and nothing works. Can you help me? thanks in advance and sorry for my English jejejej.

Hello,

You should try using an older version , like High Sierra.
If this works , then try a "newer" version, i.e. Mojave.
If this does not work, you should go downwards : Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite.

It seems macOS Ventura is "too new" for your iMac 2009 !

Download High Sierra from here :

Format a 16+ Gb USB stick with Disk Utility.

Use createinstallmedia to "transfer" the Installer to the USB stick.

Boot your iMac 2009 with this USB stick.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
thank you. maybe I didn't explain well. I´m using opencore to create the usb but at the moment when I go to press the ventura icon to install (after the computer reboots and does all the booting process, after choose the language) it says: "this copy of the install macos ventura application is damaged, and can´t be used to install macOS".

Hello,

In my previous post, I assumed that you have two computers at your disposal.

The first computer is a functional Mac/Hack where the USB stick will be created. Here are all the tools needed for this activity (according to the Dortania manual).

The second computer is the one on which the installation will be done.

If this second computer is a iMac 2009 27" then it won't support new versions of mac OS and it doesn't even need OpenCore.

If your working environment is different from the one presented here, then you must indicate how you proceed to create the USB stick and then used it.

Question: What is the role of that (original) iMac 2009 27" in your context?
===

For newer OSes (Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, Sonoma) I have not encountered any installation problems if the date/time of the computer ( in BIOS) is the current one.
For testing, I use a Haswell system.
===

If you need to modify the date of your computer ( see P1LGRIM's advice above ) then you may need to take off the internet connection ( remove the ethernet cable or Wi-Fi ) while starting the installation.

Cheers.
thanks both for your replies. i´ll put some pics of the process. it may help.

@guzmi

So your iMac 2009 ( iMac11.1 ) computer is "naturally (Apple) limited" to the mac OS High Sierra version.

You have already installed a higher version, Catalina, and now you want to do an overbid on Ventura.

Sometimes "in-place" upgrades without having a backup can be dangerous..

I do not know what to say !
Yes that it is. on the opencore web page they say i can install it but this is what happens...
IMG_1500.jpeg

IMG_1501.jpeg

IMG_1504.jpeg

IMG_1503.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
"this copy of the install macos ventura application is damaged, and can´t be used to install macOS".
This is usually due to three reasons; a expired certificate, damaged download, or a crappy usb thumb drive. For your case, it may be the broken download or a poor usb stick. Why not try to download the Ventura installer again and create installation media using new usb stick.

Lastly, you can use OpenCore Legacy Patcher(OCLP) to install newer macOS on a unsupported Mac. You will have to check which unsupported Macs are supported by OCLP. For your future reference, this is a hackintosh community. I suggest visiting the OCLP's support server to get any help for real macs.

This is usually due to three reasons; a expired certificate, damaged download, or a crappy usb thumb drive. For your case, it may be the broken download or a poor usb stick. Why not try to download the Ventura installer again and create installation media using new usb stick.

Lastly, you can use OpenCore Legacy Patcher(OCLP) to install newer macOS on a unsupported Mac. You will have to check which unsupported Macs are supported by OCLP. For your future reference, this is a hackintosh community. I suggest visiting the OCLP's support server to get any help for real macs.
Uuups. Sorry for that. I’ll try everything you say. Thanks everybody for the help

Back