Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> “This copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app application is damaged, and can’t be used to install macOS.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have come across this problem even when installing genuine Macs with a version of macOS. There are 2 steps I take, firstly disconnect the Ethernet and/or WiFi, then do a Get Info on the version of Install macOS xxx and look at the Modified Date. Set the System Date to that date. You can do that in BIOS before you run the installer, or via terminal in the form [mm][dd]HH]MM[cc][yy] when you get the error message.

If you get the "This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged and can’t be used to install macOS" error message as I did, then in Tools select Terminal and in Terminal firstly enter date and you will get the current time and date looking like this: Sat 2 Nov 2019 12:48:47 AEDT. To change it to 14 June 2019 at 12:24, the date I downloaded my last version of Mojave, you would enter: date 061212232019, then return to the Installer and it should work.

Thanks for sharing, it worked for me with the same error in catalina.
1)utillities
2)terminal
3)type without the brackets - date [month with two numbers][date][hour:minute, when you downloaded][year]
4) enter
5)return to installer

I have come across this problem even when installing genuine Macs with a version of macOS. There are 2 steps I take, firstly disconnect the Ethernet and/or WiFi, then do a Get Info on the version of Install macOS xxx and look at the Modified Date. Set the System Date to that date. You can do that in BIOS before you run the installer, or via terminal in the form [mm][dd]HH]MM[cc][yy] when you get the error message.

If you get the "This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged and can’t be used to install macOS" error message as I did, then in Tools select Terminal and in Terminal firstly enter date and you will get the current time and date looking like this: Sat 2 Nov 2019 12:48:47 AEDT. To change it to 14 June 2019 at 12:24, the date I downloaded my last version of Mojave, you would enter: date 061212232019, then return to the Installer and it should work.
I had the same problem, thanks a million

“This copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app application is damaged, and can’t be used to install macOS.”

View attachment 432547

into Terminal set the date as March 03 2019 at 00:00

date 030300002019

Easily the simplest fix in my journey to get this installed. Thank you!

can someone help me?, i tried current date, old date and a few of the dates mention here an online still getting the error message.

I am attempting to install Catalina

Lenovo m93pt
i7 4765t

Hi @omar305 please be sure your computer does not have internet connection, remove cables and disconnect wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back