Graphics
Nvidia Quadro 2000M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My x230 is running High Sierra now. There are two issues I would like to get some help from this Forum.

1) I disabled the touchpad since I mainly just use trackpoint. But now, the middle button scrolling is gone. How to get it back?
2) My SMBIOS is set to macbookpro 9,2. But the minimum frequency of my CPU (i7-3520m) is at x12, that is, 1.2GHz. How to set the minimum frequency to x8, that is, 800Hz?

My x230 is running High Sierra now. There are two issues I would like to get some help from this Forum.

1) I disabled the touchpad since I mainly just use trackpoint. But now, the middle button scrolling is gone. How to get it back?

How did you disable the trackpad?
The button is probably part of the trackpad...

2) My SMBIOS is set to macbookpro 9,2. But the minimum frequency of my CPU (i7-3520m) is at x12, that is, 1.2GHz. How to set the minimum frequency to x8, that is, 800Hz?

x12 is the expected idle multiplier for most Ivy CPUs.

Then you probably should not expect buttons that are attached to it to work.
The mid button is actually part of the track point, is not part of the touchpad.

The mid button is actually part of the track point, is not part of the touchpad.

Have you verified your assertion in Windows?

Have you verified your assertion in Windows?
Yes, tried in windows. With the trackpad disabled in BIOS, the middle button scrolling works fine.

Yes, tried in windows. With the trackpad disabled in BIOS, the middle button scrolling works fine.

Looks like you have some kext debugging to do then...

Looks like you have some kext debugging to do then...
Is there some instruction I can find for the debugging? What are the tools needed? I ma totally new to this. Thanks.

Is there some instruction I can find for the debugging? What are the tools needed? I ma totally new to this. Thanks.

Xcode is free from App Store. Source code is on github. You should be familiar with C++ and kernel coding.
There are some articles on kernel extensions in Apple's developer documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back