Gigabyte B365M H LGA 1151
CPU
i3-9100f
Graphics
Asus Radeon RX 570 Expedition 4G
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi Guys,

I have been working on the Thinkpad x1 yoga gen 3 and finally got it works and so exciting. Thanks the guide from Thinkpad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen) 20LD with Mojave.
However, I am facing an issue that the external monitor doesn't have any signal after installation. I used to connect the usb type c with monitor HP S240uj so that I can charge the laptop while having an external monitor with only one cable in Windows os, which is great. But now I don't have any signal on the HP monitor. So far, I tried three options none of them works.
1. usb c to usb c, no signal.
2. usb c to DP adapter to DP, as soon as I connect it, the system reboots and loops and just can't get in.
3. hdmi to hdmi, no signal.

I'd appreciate if anyone can give any advice to solve this issue. Here is the config.plist file.

Attachments

• config.plist
    15.6 KB · Views: 112
Hi Guys,

I have been working on the Thinkpad x1 yoga gen 3 and finally got it works and so exciting. Thanks the guide from Thinkpad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen) 20LD with Mojave.
However, I am facing an issue that the external monitor doesn't have any signal after installation. I used to connect the usb type c with monitor HP S240uj so that I can charge the laptop while having an external monitor with only one cable in Windows os, which is great. But now I don't have any signal on the HP monitor. So far, I tried three options none of them works.
1. usb c to usb c, no signal.
2. usb c to DP adapter to DP, as soon as I connect it, the system reboots and loops and just can't get in.
3. hdmi to hdmi, no signal.

I'd appreciate if anyone can give any advice to solve this issue. Here is the config.plist file.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_17064.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 80
Thanks for your reply. I've attached it here.
No ioreg in the attached debug zip. Please check your files carefully before upload.

Sorry, now I have the ioreg in zip file.
Another weird thing happened yesterday was I actually got it working, it connected to monitor with usb c to usb c, both charging and display were working. I don't know what I did, but after I shut down the laptop and turn it on today, it never works anymore. Tried hot plug and power on with cable connected, but no luck.
sorry I got two more issues, should i start a new topic? not sure if it against any rule in this forum.
1. I got the battery status displayed on top bar with percentage showing, but it never changes when I'm using it, it does change after restarts.
2. the laptop occasionally loops after clover boot, just after apple logo appears, and it restarts and again and again, but if I choose the boot with verbose in the clover boot option, it can boot straight to the os.

Attachments

• updated_debug_17064.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 68
Now I found the strange thing, sometimes the audio jack doesn't work but the usb c port works so that the external monitor has signal. but if the audio jack works then the usb c monitor won't display.

Sorry, now I have the ioreg in zip file.
Another weird thing happened yesterday was I actually got it working, it connected to monitor with usb c to usb c, both charging and display were working. I don't know what I did, but after I shut down the laptop and turn it on today, it never works anymore. Tried hot plug and power on with cable connected, but no luck.

You have obvious problems with the way you installed kexts.
Look at your kextcache output... examples:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f91e022fe70 [0x7fff8bcd58f0]> { URL = "BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2" }
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f91e0230d40 [0x7fff8bcd58f0]> { URL = "AppleBacklightInjector.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.AppleBacklightInjector" }
AppleBacklightInjector.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Refer to the FAQ for correct kext installation procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

sorry I got two more issues, should i start a new topic? not sure if it against any rule in this forum.
1. I got the battery status displayed on top bar with percentage showing, but it never changes when I'm using it, it does change after restarts.
2. the laptop occasionally loops after clover boot, just after apple logo appears, and it restarts and again and again, but if I choose the boot with verbose in the clover boot option, it can boot straight to the os.

Off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back