Contribute
Register

[ThinkPad T60 1952-A46] Partial success (detailed post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ThinkPad T60
CPU
Intel Core Duo T2400 (1.83GHz)
Graphics
GMA950
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Everything really has gone beyond my expectations. I'm writing now from my laptop, T60 1952-A46. The specs for this machine are (from Lenovo Support):

Based on 1952-43U: T2400 (1.83GHz), 1GB RAM, 60GB 5400rpm HD, 14.1in 1024x768 LCD, Intel 950, CDRW/DVD, Intel 802.11abg wireless, Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure chip, 6c Li-Ion batt

I followed the guide from tonymacx86's blog. I used iBoot Legacy.

From first boot using iBoot Legacy, the trackpad (with multigestures!), dual screens using external VGA (1920x1080) and USB-peripherals worked in particular. Ethernet did not work, neither did wireless (not that it's expected to). The mouse behaves odd every now and then, no matter if I use the trackpad or a USB-mouse (double-clicks when I only click once).

Then I used MultiBeast and checked and installed EasyBeast, System Utilities, VoodooHDA 0.2.72, FakeSMC Plugins, Voodoo PS/2 Trackpad and hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet.

I booted without the iBoot Legacy disc and the booting sequence would go so far as to the Apple logo with the gray background and swirly thing. When that is "done", then I get a gray screen with the same gray as the background when the Apple logo was present. If I plug in an external monitor and reboot, instead of a gray screen I get a black screen at this stage.

Using the iBoot Legacy disc, I can run the system with working Ethernet and what else I've stated working here. Getting the system to work without using the iBoot disc would be wonderful. I'm not sure CPU throttling (Intel SpeedStep?) works either as it runs a bit hotter than it did in Windows 7.

So the problem comes down to booting without iBoot Legacy disc not working properly. I've attached the log below from the boot sequence without the iBoot Legacy disc. I get the same message "IntelThermal: [Warning] Unsupported Intel processor found, kext will not load" whether I use the iBoot Legacy disc or not.

log.rtf

If there are any obvious things I've missed then I apologize. I've been searching for a working solution for this but haven't found any. If anyone has advice I'll gladly take it!

Attachments

• log.rtf
    12.4 KB · Views: 146
Moved from General Tuning to Laptop Support forum section to get the proper attention the post requires. See: Laptop Users Read Me First for more information.

@teperan : did you find any solution ? I got mostly the same issue.

I didnt use the iBoot legacy I used the regular iboot. I am having a problem with my monitor not being recognized by snow leopard. If I plug in an external monitor it's fine.

Hope I helped

I have a T60.
Trying to install with iBoot and getting "MAC OS X can't install on this computer" Restore or restart... this is right after choosing the language.
Any ideas? Any change you can send a print screen of all your bios settings?
Thanks a lot,
Saar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back