HD3000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
:cry:

When I built my Hack 4530s ..I fitted an SSD. and save the original HDD in case I wanted to go back to Win 7..just a HDD swap.
But the original HDD was ...750Gb or so..so I thought I'd clone it to a smaller HDD..and use the bigger one for storage in a replacement opticla HDD caddy.

before I did this I thought I'd do a factory restore of the orignal HDD..and create clean image from that.

So I booted from the original HDD in the caddy, via F11, and selected compete system restore.

it is halfway though ..and it just occurred to me..it did not ask where it wants to restore too..the ...it could well have done the restore to the SSD in the main drive slot..and not to the disk it as running from...
Now sitting here waiting for the restore to finish..to see where it has restored too; to the original HDD in the caddy..or my Hacintosh SSD gulp :shifty:...the wait of shame muppet :banghead:

So where did it do the restore? My deepest sympathy if it was your main hackintosh drive.

I got lucky !!

The HP_Recovery restore writes to the drive it is run from..not the system drive ..phew ...

and on a positive note I have now learned how to use Windows ImageX imaging tool and how the boot sequence of Win 7 works in comparison to Win XP.

managed to clone the original 650gb HDD to a 160 so i have a backup of the original system should I need to go back to Win 7 and now I have the 650 to use in the CD caddy as a storage drive.

Wins all round after a shaky start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back