Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Thanks @antiserum420, I've tried that before but I still tried with your files as I noticed the version I had for the Fixup was older, but still no luck.
I've also tried with the BrcmFirmwareRepo in /L/E instead of the FirmwareData in Clover/kexts/other.
I've also tried mapping my card in the device section of clover as mentioned in another thread after finding it in ioregistryexplorer.

In all cases WIFI is working, but bluetooth is not recognized at all, not even visible in system pref.

Resources on this site are this guide (didn't see your card listed, similar but different)

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/

wifi.jpeg
Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

WiFi and Bluetooth working out of box on macOS with Apple branded Broadcom BCM94360. Enables specific half mini and M.2 BCM94352 on macOS with methods described below. Credit: RehabMan

This thread does not support:
  • macOS/Continuity
  • Atheros/Qualcomm WiFi/Bluetooth
  • Intel CNVi Wifi/Bluetooth
Change Log
v1.1 - 10/26/2018: 10.14 support, AirportBrcmFixup replaces all previous WiFi methods
v1.0 - 1/5/2018: 10.13/Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth support

Previous thread: [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2/Deprecated

Broadcom WiFi + BT (2 antennas, except as noted)
  • PCIe/x1: BCM94360CD - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (3 antennas)
  • PCIe/x1: BCM94331CD - native WiFi and BT4LE
  • M.2: BCM943602BAED/DW1830 - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (3 antennas)
    • Laptop issues/solutions, see jaymonkey/Post #138
  • M.2: BCM94360CSAX - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (3 antennas)
  • M.2: BCM943602CS - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (3 antennas)
  • M.2: BCM94360CS2 - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (2 antennas)
  • M.2: BCM94352Z/AzureWave AW-CE162NF/DW1560 - supports WiFi/ac and BT4LE
  • M.2: BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE
  • Half mini: BCM94360HMB/AzureWave AW-CB160H - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (3 antennas)
  • Half mini: BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H - supports WiFi/ac and BT4LE

And here is a specific thread related to trying to get a different version of the 1820A card working

Resources on this site are this guide (didn't see your card listed, similar but different)

Thank you @Leesureone, I have tried everything on the guide, my card is the BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A, there are multiple 1820 and I have the OVW3T3 which is supported to work out of the box, which for wifi was working in all cases but never got bleutooth so I restarted from scratch and this morning I got the magic combination! Only thing not working is continuity even if I can enable it from the system preference (so system does recognize the hardware), just doesn't seem to work.
Wifi ac works, in my case it always worked in all combinations, even airplay, bluetooth works now, I can connect my AirPods, other bluetooth device, airdrop on all my devices.

so I'll dig more for the continuity but so far so good.

From the first post in this thread, I started from the original UFI folder for the same motherboard, moved all Brcm file out (except the fixup, updated to latest fixup) and put in /L/E the repo/patchram2/nonpatchram2, I did add the device in clover (not sure if it does anything, I'll try removing just to see), and that's it, nothing else, now I have fully functional bluetooth, note that WIFI worked in all combinations. Only thing not working yet is continuity/handoff but at least I can connect my AirPods, other bluetooth device, airdrop on all my device

Thank you @Leesureone, I have tried everything on the guide, my card is the BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A, there are multiple 1820 and I have the OVW3T3 which is supported to work out of the box, which for wifi was working in all cases but never got bleutooth so I restarted from scratch and this morning I got the magic combination! Only thing not working is continuity even if I can enable it from the system preference (so system does recognize the hardware), just doesn't seem to work.
Wifi ac works, in my case it always worked in all combinations, even airplay, bluetooth works now, I can connect my AirPods, other bluetooth device, airdrop on all my devices.

so I'll dig more for the continuity but so far so good.

From the first post in this thread, I started from the original UFI folder for the same motherboard, moved all Brcm file out (except the fixup, updated to latest fixup) and put in /L/E the repo/patchram2/nonpatchram2, I did add the device in clover (not sure if it does anything, I'll try removing just to see), and that's it, nothing else, now I have fully functional bluetooth, note that WIFI worked in all combinations. Only thing not working yet is continuity/handoff but at least I can connect my AirPods, other bluetooth device, airdrop on all my device
Did you follow the guide on how to establish continuity? It should work!

I updated the EFIs to the latest version of Clover with the new file structure. I downloaded and compiled the latest version of several drivers that are not currently updated by Clover. I haven't done this in a while so please create a USB key and boot from it to test:
  1. Format a USB stick with Fat32
  2. Download beta file from first post and decompress files
  3. Copy EFI folder to your FAT32 USB stick
  4. Reboot, enter BIOS and set to boot from USB
  5. Save and reboot into OSX to make sure everything works
  6. If all is good, mount your EFI partition and delete your old EFI and nvram.plist
  7. Copy your the EFI file on the USB to your EFI partition
  8. Eject USB and reboot.
  9. Remount your partition and validate that the nvram.plist file was created in the root directory as shown below. If it hasn't reboot again and verify.
Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 3.25.09 PM.png

Tips:
  1. DO NOT just copy the EFI folder to your EFI partition, erase your old EFI folder or old files will not be erased and may interfere.
  2. If the nvram.plist file is not created you may have odd boot issues and sleep will not work
  3. If sleep still does not work, download Mac Optimizer from the other hack site, select the extras tab tab and run execute all as shown below:
Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 3.22.16 PM.png

I highly recommend you use this utility after every upgrade, I can't tell you how many times I've restored sleep functionality or fixed odd issues by running it.

Once I get confirmation that everything works, I will remove the old files and remove beta from the new ones name. Next stop: Open Core!

Did you follow the guide on how to establish continuity? It should work!

No idea what's the issue, I have pretty much everything working, iMessage for example is working, continuity is not a priority, I would like it to work 100% at the end but now that'll do. Thanks for the pointers

@ModMike congrats for an amazing guide. I'm new at building CustoMacs but I'd like very much to have a go at one. I have already purchased the following components:
1. Case: CoolerMaster Elite 130
2. Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z390i Gaming
3. Proc: i7 8700T
4. Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX, DDR4, 2X16GB, 2666 MHz, CL16
5. Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65
6. Power Source: Corsair SF450, 80+ Platinum, 450W
7. Icy Dock ToughArmor MB994IPO-3SB
8. DVD Writer LG, 8x, GTC0N
9. SSD: 2x Samsung EVO 860 Pro 500GB
10. Bluetooth replacement: DW 1550 (BCM94352HMB) (I had it already)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0154RLCR8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
11. EVGA GTX 1050 Ti (will not work in Mojave)

Since the GTX is not supported in Mojave I have ordered a Sapphire 580 Pulse 8Gb. It will arrive next week.
However I have a question regarding the BT Card: Is there any way to install it on the Mobo or I'll have to order another one?

That is very unusual bios behavior, I think you have another hardware related issue causing your bios to act up. It’s not the software or Clover...can’t say for sure what it is but it’s not Mojave.

I booted in both modes a few days ago without issue.

I installed successfully my build with Mojave 14.4 a couple of months ago, but now I had a problem with sleep/shutdown.
Sometimes when I put my computer to sleep or to shut down only the monitor turn off, the pc remains on. The real problem is that I don't know what it is and how to find out.
Can you help me? thanks

@ModMike
Thanks for putting together all this info and files...I just bought and assembled a Hackintosh using this info and I was up and running in 10.14.6 within 2-3 hours after I finished assembling all the HW. It was almost smoother than installing macOS on real Apple HW :)
The files I used from your guide was the ones that was available afternoon (CET) Friday 16/8.

For reference...this is the current HW I used...in the near future I will add a Radeon RX5[89]0 card...but for now it is using the built-in Intel GFX...connected with DP-MiniDP to a Lenovo P24q display (2560x1440).

- ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming
- Intel Core i7 9700K
- Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB 3000MHz
- Intel Solid-State Drive 660p Series 1TB
- Corsair Hydro Series H60 2018
- Seasonic FOCUS Plus 550W Platinum
- Fractal Design Node 304

I also do not, yet, have a WiFi-card to replace the built-in Intel one...not sure if I will...but that is also on my wish-list.

The only (small) issue I have now it that sometimes...and I think it comes after macOS has turned off the video signal when the computer has been idle and then back on...is that there is a 1cm black border around the desktop. Yet both macOS and the display both believe that they are dealing with 2560x1440. So far the only way to "fix" it is to reboot.
It's no big deal as I will soon switch to a dedicated GFX card...so I will not bother with this until...if it persists...I use that card.

Update 2019-09-13
I have now put a Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB in my Hackintosh and the graphics issue I mentioned above is now gone :)

Last edited:
Back