Graphics
Asus ENGTX460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok Gang, i have read page and pages of Nvidia issues until im about to pass out lol. I think i have tried nearly everything i can find without success too.

So far tried the following cards

Asus ENGTX460
MSI N460GTX Twin Frozer
EVGA Geforce 470
Gigabyte GV-N470OC

Either i am doing something wrong or these cards just dont like this Asus Mobo .

I can get the correct resolution with any of these cards and Cinebench scores any where from 19 to 25 fps, but for some reason i cant get these to show up in system profiler as the correct card. It just shows Unknown nVidia card

I have latest Multibeast and loaded Easybeast and Chameleon from it. Only way i can get correct resolution is using Nvenabler too

Any suggestions ?

iam not sure.but try this,check system utiliti \pci root uid fix \64 bit apple boot \nv enabler in multi beast run reboot. good luck

NVenabler is what causes this- go through /System/Library/Extensions and remove it. Then make sure GraphicsEnabler is set to Yes in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist. Run System Utilities in MultiBeast and reboot. :thumbup:

tonymacx86 said:
NVenabler is what causes this- go through /System/Library/Extensions and remove it. Then make sure GraphicsEnabler is set to Yes in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist. Run System Utilities in MultiBeast and reboot. :thumbup:

I have no NVenabler there, i have NVenabler 64 in /extra/extensions, but if i remove that and run system utilities in multibeast i get wrong screen size and nothing is detected

GraphicsEnabler is set to Yes though

Still no success , did complete reinstall with each card from scratch with every card i have on hand and none will detect.

Any other ideas ?

I tested a ATI 6850 i had on hand and it worked without issues. So im guessing either im not holding my tongue right on getting Nvidia cards to detect or they are that flawed on support.

I am running latest osx 10.6.7

Let me know gang, i will try anything at this point as i want to keep nvidia card in the system.

Just on a whim since i hadnt tried it, i picked the 64 bit apple boot screen option in Multibeast and rebooted .

BAM... every card i tested was detected. Changed back to 32 bit... Unknown nVidia card.

Seems to work fine with the 64 bit apple boot screen

Anyone have any insight on why one would work and the other not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back