Contribute
Register

System Crashes on Diablo III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System/Laptop make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i5 > Need full CPU name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
GTX 460
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My system was built well over a year ago using the Lifehacker instructions. Core i5 2.8, 8GB RAM, H55N-USB3 board, LG BD player, 500GB main drive and 2 x 2TB mirrored drives for backup. I believe that my power supply is a rosewill RG630-S12.

So my problem is that when I play D3 after maybe 10 minutes, not even sometimes, the system just shuts off. It would seem that perhaps it's overheating. So I looked and my case fan was warped and not working. I replaced that and now that's working but I have the same problem. I can browse the web all day long and it's been on for days without shutting down...until I start up D3.

Believe it or not I am an IT professional but almost 100% Windows. I've used Macs in the past but that was OS8-9. I've had a Macbook for a couple of years and have built this machine. But because I never have had any issues I've not had to troubleshoot things on Mac. Could someone please point me to where I might find an event log or something that may point me to what is causing my issue? At first my idea is overheating but when I check temps I'm running about 50c when it gets hot. I did have an issue at one point was told that a USB peripheral was drawing too much power so I have added a powered USB hub. Perhaps the power supply is not strong enough to run this system? It was working fine for the last year. Even when D3 first came out I was able to play for hours and hours. This is a more recent problem.

This community is great and I thank everyone for all of their help.

Dan O

Open up the Console App to view error messages etc. Blow out the dust from your PC, use a can of air, or an air compressor. But be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back