Suddenly no Signal to Monitor through HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 LGA 1150 Z97 Gaming Audio Networking ATX Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i5-4690 Processor (6M Cache, 3.90 GHz) BX80646I54690
Graphics
MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 OC 2GB GDDR5 2DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card N760 TF 2GD5/OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I've been working just fine with my duel boot tower for almost a year now, well I went to turn it on today and now my monitor is saying "no signal" from HDMI. :cry:

I tested the capslock button and there is no light coming from the keyboard when I press it, which leads me to believe it might be an internal hardware issue. This is my setup, which I run Yosemite and Windows 10 (have the installer disks for 8 but got the upgrade to 10 when it was freely available in 2015).

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 LGA
Ram - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB kit
Internal Hard Drive - Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Processor - Intel Core i5-4690
Graphics Card - MSI Nividia GeForce GTX 760
Bare Drive - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

And, if it helps, the graphics card WAS refurbished. Normally I would stay away from refurbished hardware but this was from a unanimously praised company on Amazon. But I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

Are there any other ways I can troubleshoot this and pinpoint the root of the error?

Hello,

I've been working just fine with my duel boot tower for almost a year now, well I went to turn it on today and now my monitor is saying "no signal" from HDMI. :cry:

I tested the capslock button and there is no light coming from the keyboard when I press it, which leads me to believe it might be an internal hardware issue. This is my setup, which I run Yosemite and Windows 10 (have the installer disks for 8 but got the upgrade to 10 when it was freely available in 2015).

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 LGA
Ram - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB kit
Internal Hard Drive - Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Processor - Intel Core i5-4690
Graphics Card - MSI Nividia GeForce GTX 760
Bare Drive - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

And, if it helps, the graphics card WAS refurbished. Normally I would stay away from refurbished hardware but this was from a unanimously praised company on Amazon. But I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

Are there any other ways I can troubleshoot this and pinpoint the root of the error?

Which Bootloader are you using? (Clover or Chameleon?)

Make sure your not injecting. Attach org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Sorry, it's been a while since I've done the coding on this machine. Should I do that on the first screen where I choose between booting Yosemite and Windows? I'm not sure I can do that since there's no signal being put to the screen, I can't see what I'm doing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back