Intel core i7
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048 MB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Successfully installed Mountain Lion on Gigabyte GA Z77-DS3H

It isn't the first time i have messed about with a mackintosh but it is certainly the easiest. No it wasn't a breeze but i managed to get everything working sound, display, network and everything is recognised 16gb of corsair vengeance. I will put up a guide in the next 2-3 days to help the community. Thanks to tonymac and a all the users of the tonymac site. The software makes it so much easier!

:thumbup:

Mine works fine too, but I just have some flickering when watching 1080p videos, using the HD 4000 graphics, no external graphics card. Any ideas on how I can fix the flickering? I'm assuming HD videos play fine for you.

What cable are you using for video? DVI is your best bet you should get full resolution then.

I would like to see your installation process.

I've got the same hardware as you (I think). GigaByte Z77-DS3H i5-3570K processor. I've installed about 10 different ways. I've got it to where it will boot without kernel panic and the HD 4000 graphics is passable (Flash videos won't play without crashing, also some quirky blue screen flashes). But there is no sound. No sound device is found. What's the trick? I used Multibeast 5.0.2 with all the usual selections for Realtec ALC887 audio chipset. Please post your install process. Thanks

I've got the same hardware as you (I think). GigaByte Z77-DS3H i5-3570K processor. I've installed about 10 different ways. I've got it to where it will boot without kernel panic and the HD 4000 graphics is passable (Flash videos won't play without crashing, also some quirky blue screen flashes). But there is no sound. No sound device is found. What's the trick? I used Multibeast 5.0.2 with all the usual selections for Realtec ALC887 audio chipset. Please post your install process. Thanks

Did you do the "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free" option? Sound works fine when I do that along with the "Without DSDT" driver selection (I use the current variant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back