Contribute
Register

[Success] Z87n-wifi on Maverick with integrated HD 4600 (from i5 4670) and SSD Crucial M4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77N-WiFi
CPU
i5-4670
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,
After many attempts, I successfully installed my hardware with Maverick.

Firstly, some required bios settings. Go to the bios, switch to classical mode ("F2" key) because I hate the new HMI.
In Bios Features:
- Boot option 1 is defined on the crucial SSD ("P0: M4" choice in my case. Do not choose UEFI choice).
- Other boot options are disabled (including the usb key for the Maverick install).
- Fast boot: disabled.
- Intel Virtualization Technology: disabled.
- TXT (LT) support: disabled.
- Dynamic storage Accelerator: disabled.
- VT-d: disabled. Without this setting, it was impossible to boot Maverick without the -x flag.
- OS Type: Other OS.
- Boot mode: UEFI and Legacy.
In Peripherals:
- Internal Graphic Max Size: 384Mo.
- Super IO Conf / Serial port: disabled.

After these settings, I used the Maverick tutorial available on Tonymacx86.com to create an usb key. With this one plugged, I boot, tap "F12" to have the choice of the boot disk. I choose in the list the usb key with the "mode 1.0" (and not with 1.3) and proceed to the installation.

After the installation, I execute Multibeast with very few "personal" settings:
- Quickstart > DSDT Free. With this choice, several other settings will be activated. Let them checked, and add the following:
- Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC 892
- Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.0 Trim Patch
- Drivers > Network > Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000 v2.5.4d

And that's all. With this setup, I can boot directly on the SSD (through Chimera v2.2.1), without any specific flags.

To note that my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file in Extra directory has not been manually updated and is also simple:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I hope it could help some of you.

Attachments

• z87n-wifi.mb
    4.6 KB · Views: 636
Thanks for posting this! I couldn't get past the white pre-install screen. After disabling Vt-d much progress has been made, not sure if i would have tried disabling this.

Hello, you work the Wifi?
and the audi HDMI?
thank

I have the same configuration but with i7 4770, all installation was easy and ok but.... no sound: "no device" error.

After half night and all day making Bios and Multibeast changes to make sound card working, I have simply followed the instructions you listed in Bios, and Multibeast and, surprise, now sound works perfectly.

Really I don't know where the problem was, but now it works flawlessly.

So thanks a lot, Letoon.

Thanks for the instructions.
Everything works for me but sounds works with lugs.
I have reinstalled mavericks but it does''t fix it. Any ideas why this is happening?
Any software (i.e. iTunes, Skype, etc plays with lugs)...

Thanks in advance,
russell

Thank a-lot buddy i have been screwing around with this for a few weeks hitting a brick wall each time. I have a z87n-wifi and the k series haswell i5 4670 with hd 4600 integrated graphics. the thing that did the trick was to erase the SSD with a new installation from unibeast after switching off Virtualization in the BIOS. This was the main issue and i dont know why this is left out or forgotten in the guides for building the customac mini deluxe...
anyways it works fine besides the sound cutting off after waking from sleep. for that i turned off the sleep mode in system settings. also the screen cuts to white static after the apple splash screen and after 20 seconds foes away, never to bother me again,(only on boot). i dont consider the snow storm on boot to be an issue though. I would love to know how to stop the sound from breaking on sleep though since it would be nice to use sleep mode. Does anybody have a solution for that?

Got everything working now but it hangs a lot and sometimes when I boot up and press enter, it just hangs and shows static. I have Graphics Enabler to No on the Extra folder pl

If you can ever boot into the desktop again, using UniBeast, go and download the chameleon boot-loader, and install it with MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back