Contribute
Register

Success Z790+Core i9 13900K, but LAN i219 is not working

I219 Device-ID=0DC8, which isn’t included in the IntelMausi.kext. Possibly a newer V13 Version of the controller?

So that being the case your Ethernet controller won’t work with the current IntelMausi.kext.

The fix for this could be as simple as adding the device-id for Your motherboards Ethernet controller to the info.plist.

If that doesn’t work, you may need to raise an issue with the kext developer (Acidanthera) for them to add the latest ids to the kext.

Thanks to @Edhawk for this informative thread. I have just built a new system around the Asus z790m-PLUS and an i9-14900k processor. I experienced the same problem with Intelmausi.kext not recognizing the on-board i219-v LAN chipset. The device-ID was not in the list of recognized IDs, and simply adding it to the kext's info.plist not only didn't work, but it broke many other things.

I gave up, and decided to spend $40.00 (CDN) on a cheap Startech LAN card based on the Realtek RTL-8111 chipset. Plugged it in, planted the realtek-8111 kext, and we're good!

BTW, awesome performance with the new gen of i9 processors. Beats my old i9-10980 handily, even beating it out using AVX2 vector instructions vs. the AVX-512 on the '10980. Even easily beats out my m2-based MBP.

Last edited:
Hi @Raftrix86
I'm working with my build
I'm very happy with this build but I've some doubts about the NVRam implementation.
How did you do?
Is native or you are using emulated nvram (as described here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/misc/nvram.html)?

Thx a lot
Pulpinex

Back