Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Wow that’s amazing, what combo ? Overclocked? My 6800xt is only 178000

And im running the reference 6800XT, something is not quite right with yours.

Anyone confirmed is 6800 6800xt 6900xt support 4k 120hz or 144hz in latest beta Big Sur? (assume display support 4k 144hz)
But no HDR at 120 Hz. At 60 Hz, yes. I reach 240 Hz in windows at this resolution with HDR.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    957.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 2.png
    2.png
    975.3 KB · Views: 208
Why do people continuously compare what they get in Windows to macOS time after time again. They are completely different operating systems and the drivers functions in completely different ways. Its mind boggling.....

Why do people continuously compare what they get in Windows to macOS time after time again. They are completely different operating systems and the drivers functions in completely different ways. Its mind boggling.....
I love Hackintosh and apple products. I make comparison just to give right information about this card. I respect you and your knowledge, but if you are in bad mood don't make all to feel the same.

I love Hackintosh and apple products. I make comparison just to give right information about this card. I respect you and your knowledge, but if you are in bad mood don't make all to feel the same.
Not in a bad mood at all... People just need to stop trying to compare features from different operating systems is all. Each operating system handles features of devices in different ways, where you get functionality in one operating system, doesn't mean you will get the same functionality in a different operating system. This has been seen time after time again between Windows and macOS.

hey there!

i am brand new to this forum. So just wanted to introduce myself and also let you know about how useful this thread has been.
I started my idea of a hackintosh last year but it just came into place a month ago. Due to the GPU shortage, i was very skeptical but managed to grab a Gigabyte 6700XT OC gaming as a 5700xt wasn't available.
i had fully given up on hopes of a x6000 kext and sort of made peace with windows.

For the past 3 months, i have been regularly checking this thread to see if there is hope and it looks like there is.
Thanks to everyone on this thread who contributed, it really helped me put my mind at ease. I saw some comments about the 6700xt not being included in the OSX 11.4 beta 1. but i guess being navi22, support might be round the corner now that navi21 is out. I have memorized the bigsur install via opencore for a 5700 xt but will wait for a month or so to try making a 6700xt oc setup

Not in a bad mood at all... People just need to stop trying to compare features from different operating systems is all. Each operating system handles features of devices in different ways, where you get functionality in one operating system, doesn't mean you will get the same functionality in a different operating system. This has been seen time after time again between Windows and macOS.
This is pedantic. Who honestly cares?

All, before this devolves let's get back on topic.

Last edited:
Time to sell my 5700xt...

hey there!

i am brand new to this forum. So just wanted to introduce myself and also let you know about how useful this thread has been.
I started my idea of a hackintosh last year but it just came into place a month ago. Due to the GPU shortage, i was very skeptical but managed to grab a Gigabyte 6700XT OC gaming as a 5700xt wasn't available.
i had fully given up on hopes of a x6000 kext and sort of made peace with windows.

For the past 3 months, i have been regularly checking this thread to see if there is hope and it looks like there is.
Thanks to everyone on this thread who contributed, it really helped me put my mind at ease. I saw some comments about the 6700xt not being included in the OSX 11.4 beta 1. but i guess being navi22, support might be round the corner now that navi21 is out. I have memorized the bigsur install via opencore for a 5700 xt but will wait for a month or so to try making a 6700xt oc setup
Welcome to the forum!

Although there is no guarantee that macOS will support NAVI 22, here are some words of encouragement:
  • We didn't think macOS would support NAVI 21, but we felt it was a good possibility given that eGPUs and Mac Pro are still supported on the Intel platform. And so it came to pass...
  • It similarly makes sense for Apple and AMD to bring NAVI 22 support to macOS. AMD writes the drivers for Apple, and Intel-based Macs will continue to be supported for several more years. It is in AMD's interest to push Apple for broader support. With GPUs in short supply, it makes sense to accommodate lower end models as well. This improves the odds of finding a compatible GPU.
Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 11.04.35 AM.png

Back