Ryzen Threadripper 3970x
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I switched to OpenCore because
I am known to use beta on my main system ( Windows 98/ME/2000/XP beta tester when you had to be chosen)
The startup feels like apple startup Apple hot keys work
Startup Disk works
NVRAM works
Guides for most major desktop chip sets including AMD CPU's,

Better support for FileVault
Faster boot
Boot chime works could even have VoiceAssist
If you have Windows you can even build USB installer in Windows

Everything works that I use:
Startup Disk in macOS or Windows 10 - boot picker hidden
Recovery Partition
Time Machine
iServices
AirDrop

What does not work Boot Camp Assistant in macOS

Only con you have to do more work. but oh so nice when done

Now if I could figure out how to hide UEFI menu on Motherboard splash screen I would be all set

Attachments

• MAcPro7,1 - Geekbench Browser.pdf
    73.1 KB · Views: 825
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 5.32.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 5.32.17 PM.png
    473.8 KB · Views: 1,427
Last edited:
Have you tried Canopy - (not talking about the NDK OC fork which is also nice and gives the Clover Menu look but liable to break with future updates) - for that feature - Gives a nice boot Menu specially if you're multi booting instead of plain text on a black background.

I was using NDK version for the gui but have since switched to original version with open canopy

About every 2 weeks I grab the latest source and compile it myself
Even have a white apple logo as my motherboard splash screen - hence why I said hide bios UEFI keys ( Setup, Boot Device, QFlash, etc)

Only I issue had since using OC has been a hardware issue, not even windows, clover could overcome - Power Supply gave out. I will RMA it to EVGA, I thought it took out my motherboard until I removed the TP-Link WDN 4800 in prepartion for testing build outside case. we had some strange power issues here recently. my slot machine had reel tilt error.

Last edited:
Major update
I found the problem with power supply or at least I suspect the problem
A inland 1TB NVMe SSD - Windows 10 drive (only reason I have Windows on the system for RGB control, EPROM programmer, and some Arduino development and for my slot machine various windows only software for it
The reason I say this is the replacement supply stopped working within 24 hours of re-installing the drive
which may have made me think the older wifi card was the issue (it was outdated anyways)
but the new Fenvi T919 with Bluetooth is better anyways.

my only current issue is the latest 0.5.8 does not show windows on same drive while showing the boot picker

Have u tried to create a custom entry?

I tried the BlessOverride as recommended
If I place an extra \ like this \\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi icon shows up but cant boot, critical error occurs
which was working fine in fact if I go back to the first version 0.5.8 it works fine
I have not figured out the custom entry section yet

I tried the BlessOverride as recommended

Is one option

I have not figured out the custom entry section yet

I prefer custom entry b/c I can put a different name to windows (or any other system) and works just like BlessOverride, but more personalized

This is my custom entry:
Code:
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1D,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/NVMe(0x1,00-00-00-00-00-00-00-01)/HD(1,GPT,F28A0077-D565-4723-B655-AE4B0615F08A,0x28,0x64000)/\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

With custom entry, u can disable HideSelf and remove BlessOverride string

The easiest way to find windows volume path is under clover gui / space bar on desired volume

Thanks
That method works
I have self and auxillary hidden I figure if I need them, tap the spacebar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back